UKSC(G)

#1
Are the staff in UKSC(G) fixing the study into Germany basing to make sure that they remain a massive, ineffective and overpaid civilian heavy organisation; to be re-located in Herford or Bielefeld?
 
#3
I heard Gutersloh, once a certain Bde HQ pulls out (re-locates in UK), but then who listens to rumours!!!

Whatever the truth, the gravy train is getting ever smaller for our oh so loved (arrogant, obnoxious, self important) UKBC’s
 
#5
I left Hohne in August - and from Bde HQ, the message was

ARRC leaving Rheindalen for UK
and the only bases remaining open will be

Paderborn/Senelager
Gutersloh
Hohne/Falli

everything else - goes!!
 
#6
OMG. How will the RO's survive without the discounted accom and F&L, the Tax Free Merc merry go round, and the PX?

There will be a very unseemly bun fight for the RO jobs....
 
#7
They'll just have to roll their sleeves up and get on with it. No room for sentimentality there, especially given the work ethic of some of our civilian bretheren.
 
#8
Bedpan2zero said:
I left Hohne in August - and from Bde HQ, the message was

ARRC leaving Rheindalen for UK
and the only bases remaining open will be

Paderborn/Senelager
Gutersloh
Hohne/Falli

everything else - goes!!
Pretty much the standard brief, however, they include the other garrison locations as well, for instance Gutersloh garrison includes Herford and Bielefeld.
 
#10
OMG. How will the RO's survive without the discounted accom and F&L, the Tax Free Merc merry go round, and the PX?
Even more so the mounds of privileged civil servants, presently sitting comfortably in their completely free houses, and channeling their COLA into second homes in Spain and Italy!

OTOH, there would be plenty of office space in The Big House for all of LAND, AG etc if HYPERION should go tits up!
 
#11
I have better question.

Is Outstanding ever going to post a well balanced, thought out post with facts to back it up. Or will he/she continue to post 2 line questions based on the latest duty rumour?
 
#12
SJ this is a rumour site, if it were a fcat site it would have a different name. My understanding of one of its purposes is to engender debate and questioning about what is going on. Now the fact is that a study (or Programme to be factually correct) is underway to ascertain if it is possible to find a new location in UK for the ARRC Group. Part of that work is also looking at whether there will be an extant requirement to retain JHQ, if ARRC returns to UK. I have heard that this has caused considerable concern amongst the FDH members of UKSC(G) who thought they had a ticket to ride. This has most recently been seen in a series of self promoting attempts to show just how important UKSC(G) is to UK forces in Germany. I do not think it is and I consider it could be retrustured to be more efficient far more compact and effective. Many current members of UKSC(G) disagree. Thanks for your input, now FOAD!
 
#13
UKSC is a bloated HQ full of self serving hangers on. BFG could function adequately with a Support Command a quarter of the size.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#15
smoojalooge said:
I have better question.

Is Outstanding ever going to post a well balanced, thought out post with facts to back it up. Or will he/she continue to post 2 line questions based on the latest duty rumour?
A bit harsh, but I can understand the sentiment. OS, your posts re Germany are nearly all tainted with a hint bitterness. Christ, some of us would give our hind teeth to be back there, despite the UKBCs (which aren't all bad, but they do have some 'remarkable' people shall we say).
You also appear to be on a continual fishing trip to see how many people agree with you.

If you're not happy over there, can't you get a posting? I'm sure that there is someone in the UK who will gladly swap with you. Perhaps you're putting up with it all of Germanys faults, because the LOA and tax free facilities help balance out the equation?
 
#16
Biscuits_AB said:
smoojalooge said:
I have better question.

Is Outstanding ever going to post a well balanced, thought out post with facts to back it up. Or will he/she continue to post 2 line questions based on the latest duty rumour?
A bit harsh, but I can understand the sentiment. OS, your posts re Germany are nearly all tainted with a hint bitterness. Christ, some of us would give our hind teeth to be back there, despite the UKBCs (which aren't all bad, but they do have some 'remarkable' people shall we say).
You also appear to be on a continual fishing trip to see how many people agree with you.

If you're not happy over there, can't you get a posting? I'm sure that there is someone in the UK who will gladly swap with you. Perhaps you're putting up with it all of Germanys faults, because the LOA and tax free facilities help balance out the equation?
Agreed, however, those who are bad; are awful:

The ones who think that they have a divine right to exist.
The ones who see soldiers as an inconvenience instead of the people who they support.
The ones who kick the arse out of the Tax free facilities, jeopardising the whole system.
The ones who insist on individual 3 bedroom houses even though their single.
The ones who push to the front of the queue in the med centre, because they are far more important than the young soldiers.
The ones who carry some sort of perceived rank although they have never served – Signature block Headmaster (Lt Col equivalent).
The ones who always write letters of complaint after summer/Christmas functions, however, never volunteer to help out.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Chip on my shoulder, you better believe it. We had “Front line first”. How about “Soldier first” :?
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#17
I've always found that it was the minority who really fitted the descriptions you have provided and amongst that minority were a surprising amount of ex Army. There are several MSF postholders who truly are arrogant little men. The SSO at Bielefeld is (poss was if he has recently moved on) indeed an arrogant man who treats soldiers and their families as a hinderence. The manner in which he has spoken to some of the wives is just plain rude. Manners cost nothing. I haven't met one person serving below his 'equivelant rank' who has a decent word for the man. I also met some of these people in Sennelager, who felt that they could just walk into the Mess as if they owned it.

That said though, all in all I found most of them to be pretty decent folk.
 
#18
IIRC Outstanding was asking about SHAPE in Multi HQ, I suspect he'll be on here whining in a few months about it and speculating as to SHAPE's relocation to Budapest..
 
#19
The Programme that Outstanding refers to is Programme BORONA and it follows hard on the heels of FAS implementation (4 Bde to the UK, etc) to see what best use can be made of the available (or becoming available) real estate in the UK. The problem is that any moves will inevitably come with a bill (reprovisioning of facilities, relocating within Germany, redundancy payments, etc) and whilst there are undoubtedly HUGE amounts of dosh that might be saved year on year in the long term, the question will be can the MOD afford to meet the upfront costs (probably running into many £Ms) in the short-term?
 
#20
Duty Jungle Drums have just informed me that they have set up a panel of analysts (funnily enough made up of those overpaid, arrogant, etc with a couple of token high rankers(yes cockney rymers) who are themselves self-generating). The time frame for the study actually runs 3 months past the decision date and will of course find nothing wrong!!! At the least I believe they will recomend cuts from the coal face as apposed to the Ivory Tower.

A bit like the Police investigating allogations of brutality and finding themselves completely innocent!!!!!!!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soprano54 The NAAFI Bar 8
polar Army Reserve 39
Outstanding Sappers 22

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top