• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Ukranian marine invade scotland

#2
The lessons from the bbc for budding journalists....hwo to blow things out of proportion for a good story *sigh*

cant have been nice for the motorists though. but its an exercise. not the soldiers fault if the authorities dont tell people that the exercise is happening.
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#3

I don't think it's a minor matter at all!
Most civvys don't get to see armed soldiers of any description from one year to the next.
To be driving happily along with your family and hit an armed roadblock of any description would be very scary..for it to be armed by foreign soldiers could be traumatic.
British Citizens shouldn't be expected to readily accept armed foreign forces on our soil and interfering with the publics movements without question.
It's an outrage! :D
 
#4
I see that in fact the Ukrainians were working with French soldiers. Clearly a plot for the frogs to invade, executed in typically underhand fashion.

There must be French ships off the coast, which should be sunk forthwith by the Royal Navy. In the meantime, the Army and RAF should engage on sight!


"To serve my King and destroy the French I consider as the great order of all, from which little ones spring; and if one of those little ones militates against it, I go back to obey the great order."
Admiral Lord Nelson
 
#5
hey we exercise over they .So let them exercise over here its only scotland not like anywhere nice :D
 
#6
Gawd, people are wet nowadays. Unless they weren't up to speed on foreign affairs they should have realised that we are not at war with any other european nation and that therefore this was probably an exercise. As for that bloody SNP thing, you can always rely on a true political colossus to try and make some sort of capital out of such a massively grave issue as this.

The only person who might be afraid would be a German OAP. Flashbacks to the '45 and all that.

'Terrifying' my arrse.
 
#7
pity they didnt nuke the place then round up the surviving ginger haired cross dressers and send em to 'the camps'. :twisted: :twisted:
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#8
Just make 'em put up signs and wear badges before they start yeah?....
Mind you....If a poxy German or Spam ever blocks my road in
MY England .....well...grrrr :?
 
#9
The Ukranians and French are welcome to Scotland - it would save the English a lot of money if we no longer had to subsidise the Scottish economy!
 
#10
crossed_axes said:
The Ukranians and French are welcome to Scotland - it would save the English a lot of money if we no longer had to subsidise the Scottish economy!
Assuming, of course, that we Scots we keep the oil and the fisheries as well ?

:) :)

(No, I'm not a Nat....)
 
#13
Ah!

Just watched some dopey tart on BBC Scotland news say "Oh we weren't aware they'd be carrying Assault Rifles"!!!! What did she think they'd be carrying? Deadly dixies of Borscht?

Besides, if they were from Ukraine, Russia, Lithuania or any other potato noshing pointy head country east of Berlin they were probably looking for a job in a local fish factory! Wonder if they'll have any AWOL's? :lol:

You can be sure working in a fish factory in the UK will pay more dosh than being a bootneck in Tinfoil hat land!

Anyway, be thankful, they weren't Aussies, they'd have all been looking for the nearest boozer so they could all become barmen! :wink:
 
#15
ViroBono said:
I see that in fact the Ukrainians were working with French soldiers. Clearly a plot for the frogs to invade, executed in typically underhand fashion.
...don't be so stupid.

Racism isn't funny or clever, i don't give a damn who you are..what you think..or any of your excuses.

So what if they have more pride into following Americas knee-jerk reactions to terrorism. At least they didn't make up bullsh*t to persuade their citizens into it.

If you're going to be so harsh find a country that deserves it, one that has perhaps funded terrorism for years, one that continues to fund the IRA and one that has a deeply hypocritical agenda...try that for size.

Your Most Enternally Respectfully

Civilian_In_Green
 
#16
well Racism isnt clever but if used right it can be funny for instance a polish joke i heard. "how can u tell what a polis htank looks like, from the men pushing it" or something like that i didnt word it right but when said right it is pretty funny.....or maybe its just me :roll:

back on the topic i wouldnt be too opposed if they did try and invade the scots :wink:
 
#19
hmm...i wonder how long we can avoid say what country it is.

maybe they'd prefer to remain anonymous?

don't blame them!
:wink:
 
#20
Civilian_In_Green said:
ViroBono said:
I see that in fact the Ukrainians were working with French soldiers. Clearly a plot for the frogs to invade, executed in typically underhand fashion.
...don't be so stupid.

Racism isn't funny or clever, i don't give a damn who you are..what you think..or any of your excuses.

So what if they have more pride into following Americas knee-jerk reactions to terrorism. At least they didn't make up bullsh*t to persuade their citizens into it.

If you're going to be so harsh find a country that deserves it, one that has perhaps funded terrorism for years, one that continues to fund the IRA and one that has a deeply hypocritical agenda...try that for size.

Your Most Enternally Respectfully

Civilian_In_Green

1. Read my other posts to see that our friends across the Atlantic don't escape my scything wit either

2. Get a sense of humour, especially if you want to join the Army

3. Learn to spell and use correct grammar, especially if you aspire to a commission

4. Grow up

5. Don't presume to lecture the grown-ups
 

Latest Threads

Top