Ukrainian 737 crashes in Iran

What are you going to do when Glasnost mk 2 happens? The world is tired of your geopolitically antagonistic shit. Tick tock for Vlad.
Let's suppose that one day the separatists say:
Yes we by mistake downed the airliner using Buk missile supplied by Moscow. We are very sorry. During intensive combat operations we hadn't time to detect - was it enemy transport plane or civilian one. As for laws of war, we haven't violated any.
And what would you say?

Slime

LE
KGB raises an interesting point.
The Russian BUK commander controlling the Russian battery that shot down the airliner already admitted shooting down the airliner, and the radio traffic he said it on was recorded for all to hear.

The BUK system was caught on video on its way to its firing position, and then again filmed with one missile fewer on its way back to Russia.

The battery and personnel involved have been identified.

An international investigation has found Russia to blame.

Independent journalists using available evidence have said Russia was to blame.

Russian forces on the ground deliberately hampered the investigation at the crash site, and air accident investigators have officially confirmed this.

So, back to KGB’s question.
If a separatist told an obvious lie and said they shot down the airliner, what would we say?

I’d say: Stop telling lies....,The Russian commander at the scene, and in charge of the battery already admitted doing the shoot down.

KGB raises an interesting point.
The Russian BUK commander controlling the Russian battery that shot down the airliner already admitted shooting down the airliner, and the radio traffic he said it on was recorded for all to hear.

The BUK system was caught on video on its way to its firing position, and then again filmed with one missile fewer on its way back to Russia.

The battery and personnel involved have been identified.

An international investigation has found Russia to blame.

Independent journalists using available evidence have said Russia was to blame.

Russian forces on the ground deliberately hampered the investigation at the crash site, and air accident investigators have officially confirmed this.

So, back to KGB’s question.
If a separatist told an obvious lie and said they shot down the airliner, what would we say?

I’d say: Stop telling lies....,The Russian commander at the scene, and in charge of the battery already admitted doing the shoot down.

But you not understanding. Airliner deliberately pretending to be military aircraft. Not in any way fault of Russia.

Slime

LE
But you not understanding. Airliner deliberately pretending to be military aircraft. Not in any way fault of Russia.

If only that was all it was it wouldn’t have allowed the KGB to have done many many posts with increasingly more and more idiotic theories :)

His fantasy tales of BUK missile copying, smear campaigns and fake satellite photos have needed to be seen...........

It was never a mistake, that is the sad truth. It was done on purpose to paint the Ukraine as bad. There is no easy way of admitting that and so we have distractions.

If only that was all it was it wouldn’t have allowed the KGB to have done many many posts with increasingly more and more idiotic theories :)

His fantasy tales of BUK missile copying, smear campaigns and fake satellite photos have needed to be seen...........

And don't forget Ukraine was involved too in sinking of HMS Invincible in 1982. He has proofs.

Slime

LE
And don't forget Ukraine was involved too in sinking of HMS Invincible in 1982. He has proofs.

And, also remember that the Tate Modern had a world renowned exhibition showing pics of Salisbury taken by two GRU agents on a visit to Salisbury.

Fr SpodoKomodo

Old-Salt
Let's suppose that one day the separatists say:
Yes we by mistake downed the airliner using Buk missile supplied by Moscow. We are very sorry. During intensive combat operations we hadn't time to detect - was it enemy transport plane or civilian one. As for laws of war, we haven't violated any.
And what would you say?

What's it like having a state pension paid out in beetroots?

What's it like having a state pension paid out in beetroots?
Representatives of a very respected ethnical and religious group have a habit to answer for question by question.
However, I understand your answer. It means - I have nothing to say.

Representatives of a very respected ethnical and religious group have a habit to answer for question by question.
However, I understand your answer. It means - I have nothing to say.
I don't know which duty troll has access to the ARRSE log-in this week, but he's not as good as the usual bloke....

Slime

LE
I don't know which duty troll has access to the ARRSE log-in this week, but he's not as good as the usual bloke....

The quality of English grammar is quite poor, but if you look at his very last sentence he is at least honest...............about his own posts :)

An eight month Canadian forensic investigation of the crash of PS752 has turned up no evidence that the incident was premeditated.
PS752 probe finds no evidence the aircraft's destruction was 'premeditated' — but says Iran isn't off the hook

Canada's eight-month forensic examination of the destruction of Flight PS752 shows that Canada does not have evidence of its own proving the catastrophe was "premeditated," CBC News has learned.

CBC News has viewed a copy of a long-awaited unclassified report on the circumstances and causes of the aircraft's destruction. The analysis is based on all evidence and intelligence available to the Government of Canada, according to the former CSIS director leading the probe.

"While the Forensic Team found no evidence that the downing of Flight PS752 was premeditated, this in no way absolves Iran of its responsibility for the death of 176 innocent people," says the report.

The report has apparently not been released yet, but the CBC got a look at a copy. The investigation was led by the former CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) director.

The report did say that they they believe the Iranians were careless, underestimated the risks, and didn't take the risks seriously enough.
"Given the totality of information available, the Forensic Team concludes that a series of acts and omissions by Iranian civil and military authorities caused a dangerous situation where previously identified risks were underestimated and not taken seriously," the report said.

None of this should come as any surprise to anyone, but I get the impression that the Canadian government were hoping to find something to pin the blame more directly on the top leadership in Iran.

If Canada take some action on this report, I suspect it may consist of further symbolic sanctions against Iran supported by general hand waving in the direction of the report.