Ukrainian 737 crashes in Iran

The important thing is for the rest of the world to discer between the fruitloop regime and Iranians in general.
Sadly, you can discern, but you can't disassociate. The regime draws its power from the poor and disadvantaged. The middle classes - who are the ones we are most likely to have contact with outside Iran - can't unseat the regime. They can protest, but they cannot change things. Yet at the same time they are part of the machinery of the state. They are the engineers, the businessmen, the scientists, the experts, the administrators etc. They are also unlikely to support external attempts to topple the regime, because it will pit them against their fellow countrymen. Thats not to demonise them, its just a shit situation they are in.

The important thing is for the rest of the world to discern between the fruitloop regime and Iranians in general. Hollywood etc has not helped in this respect.
I think its less hollywood and more media reporting. The regime organised 'death to usa/uk/israel' rent a mob jigging about screaming seems far more likely to be the footage than off camera interviews with normal Iranians. I guess it would colour others views of the UK if foreign media reports always featured our own SWP/Stop the War Coalition/extinction rebellion mongs as the 'voice of the people'.

TamH70

MIA
I had in mind the way Iranians were depicted in "Back to the Future", a Hollywood hit of 1985, that kind of set the tone of the mainstream attitude (the Iranians turn up at a peaceful carpark in the US, mindlessly machine gunning the hapless American civilian protagonists.).
It got to the point where many Iranian Americans started calling themselves Persian in an effort not to be associated with the sterotype.

Point of order.

They were Libyans.

I know this because I managed to get into the Muirend Cinema in Glasgow in the first week of the release of the film.

Slime

LE
Newspaper articles don’t count as reliable reports. The fact that you think they do underlines your lack of comprehension or knowledge of how any of this works.
Now just hang onthere for a minute..............

Are you daring to suggest that this ‘report’ might not be true after all.

BC5F02D3-A694-43DB-A93C-DC3F24360AD4.jpeg

;)

I had in mind the way Iranians were depicted in "Back to the Future", a Hollywood hit of 1985, that kind of set the tone of the mainstream attitude (the Iranians turn up at a peaceful carpark in the US, mindlessly machine gunning the hapless American civilian protagonists.).
It got to the point where many Iranian Americans started calling themselves Persian in an effort not to be associated with the sterotype.
They were Libyan. And as anyone has had any dealing with Libyans will generally attest to them being indescribable in CA without inviting a mod smite is generally pretty fair.

ACAB

LE
1. No it isn't.
2. Keep the Brexit thread tedium out of CA.
Do one, you muppet.

And that will give you all the excuse you need to ban me for an unlimited amount of time without informing me.

Yeah, whatever.......

Ah, @amazing__lobster new sock account.
No mate, it is his old and faithful sock account.
As grassed up by his old fellow socky Baglock way back in, I stand to be corrected though, 2017 I seem to recall.
To the extent of answering a question posed to the lobster account from the dipples account resulting in a mega meltdown.
And radio silence for a while from both, again coincidentally.
Despite any corrections, alterations,additions or deletions there may be some screenshots taken at the relevant times of the "confusion!"

Last edited:

Slime

LE

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
No mate, it is his old and faithful sock account.
Which is pretty good going since they're posting from different countries at the same time using static IPs, don't you think?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Do one, you muppet.

And that will give you all the excuse you need to ban me for an unlimited amount of time without informing me.

Yeah, whatever.......
Not really. I don't fly off the handle quite as much as you tend to do and you haven't broken any rules: you're just wrong.

Apparently there is a jewish segment of the iranian population. Seems wierd but while they are quite happy to have Jews in their own population they have a major sh1tty on against Israel.
Their Jewish population has dropped from around 30K to >10K since the revolution.

ACAB

LE
Not really. I don't fly off the handle quite as much as you tend to do and you haven't broken any rules: you're just wrong.
Yeah, do you remember banning me and then not informing me......

Latest Threads