Ukrainian 737 crashes in Iran

Well...it is a 737-800, and let's not dismiss the other recent 800 ( iced up?) crash.
I was taken aback a bit to Wiki the generic 737 range over the years covering historic failures including 800's
They already have the black boxes, so it will pan out in short order I'd wager.
I note the Ukrainian authorities have put in place a criminal (inferred negligence?) investigation.
Like anything else technical...we all know there is focused & thorough maintenance or incidents of sly assumptive box ticking.
If...it was a deliberate ( lucky?) Iranian strike they know they will be in really deep shyte which would go completely against the playground handbags at dawn rhetoric of the last 24 hours would it not?
However, finding solid reasons to trust one word out them is as easy as nailing ...with cocktail sticks... a cream trifle to a concrete wall.

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
A new press release issued by the Ukraine with them saying previous ones aren't official. "Cause of crash is still being determined."

Supposedly the plane going down.

Mike Barton

War Hero
Unless the pilots had confirmed engine failure with ATC during the flight, it is too early for the definitive cause to be labelled as that seeing as the black box hasn't been examined yet. Couple that with it's last maintenance on Monday, it's very unlikely.

As others have mentioned, debris is over a wide area which indicates a break up in mid-air. I do not think we'll get the full story with this one - sadly for the families of the victims.

*I await my AAAIB membership form.*
No emergency call reported by the pilot, not conclusive but surely significant. The Ukraine embassy in Tehran has now taken down its earlier statement that engine failure was to blame.

This story will develop.

Ritch

LE
No emergency call reported by the pilot, not conclusive but surely significant. The Ukraine embassy in Tehran has now taken down its earlier statement that engine failure was to blame.

This story will develop.
Given that the airline has suspended all future flights to Iran, I think this is an indication of something happening other than engine failure. We'll see.

Im going hezzbollah bomb or misile.

Blogg

LE
And now Iran reportedly says it will not be releasing Flight Recorders or data from same to Ukraine, Boeing or anyone else for that matter.

Ritch

LE
Has it taken off recently from anywhere with passengers who feel the need to 'enhance' their luck with small change?
Nope. Since the New Year it has split it's time between London, Tehran, Italy and Azerbaijan.

Slime

LE
Im going hezzbollah bomb or misile.
Luckily we have Jezzbollah who appears on Iranian TV, so we can have an English language report on it.

RIP to all those that died.

There are pictures floating around showing fragmentation damage.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I like your thinking.

Regardless, RIP to the poor buggers on board.
Three Brits reported missing.

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
It was the ruskies, with the ground to air missile in the forest, on the orders of a Mr P from Moscow?

Or a Ukrainian Frogfoot....let's join the dots here sheeples.
But there's not many Cathedrals in Iran for our Russian friends to be visiting

Latest Threads