Ukrainian 737 crashes in Iran

A passenger plane carrying 180 people bound for the Ukrainian capital Kiev has crashed a few minutes after taking off from Tehran’s main international airport, according to Iranian media outlets.

The Boeing 737-800 operated by Ukrainian International Airlines took off from Imam Khomeini international airport at 6.12am Tehran time and crashed about eight minutes later, according to flight tracking websites.

Early indications suggested the crash did not appear to have links to Wednesday morning’s missile strikes on bases in Iraq hosting US and coalition troops.

Mike Barton

War Hero
Twitter has a video appearing to show the plane in flames before it crashes to earth. Now I am no expert but does that sound like engine failure? It's a three-year-old aircraft apparently well maintained. It bursts into flames and crashes in Iran in the middle of serious tensions between Iran and the US and on a night in which missiles are being fired by Iran at US targets. There's coincidences and then there's coincidences but given past history involving the US and Iran (and even Ukraine itself) I have to wonder whether we're being told the whole story here.

How often do planes lose thrust in both engines?
It was last maintained 2 days ago.

I will be your second conspiraloon, what limited pictures I have seen, that rubble is pretty spread out which is usually a midair breakup.

Also, engine failure would not cause the aircraft to come down, it has two of them. If one engine failed and the pilot didnt know then maybe a stall and the aircraft comes down, but the break up wouldnt be as wide spread as it seems.

I am going missile too. Something to do with the "West" calling all its personnel home.

I will be your second conspiraloon, what limited pictures I have seen, that rubble is pretty spread out which is usually a midair breakup.

Also, engine failure would not cause the aircraft to come down, it has two of them. If one engine failed and the pilot didnt know then maybe a stall and the aircraft comes down, but the break up wouldnt be as wide spread as it seems.

I am going missile too. Something to do with the "West" calling all its personnel home.

reuters.jpg

4(T)

LE
I expect the Iranians never got around to reading the user manuals for the S-300s that the nice Russians sold them.

I expect the Iranians never got around to reading the user manuals for the S-300s that the nice Russians sold them.
Or they misplaced a BUK.

Or just as likely that they don't care about the lives of their own citizens

It's a false flag attack and they shot it down as a warning to Trump, which they can then blame on the work of the Great Satan attacking Iran again

Ritch

LE
Unless the pilots had confirmed engine failure with ATC during the flight, it is too early for the definitive cause to be labelled as that seeing as the black box hasn't been examined yet. Couple that with it's last maintenance on Monday, it's very unlikely.

As others have mentioned, debris is over a wide area which indicates a break up in mid-air. I do not think we'll get the full story with this one - sadly for the families of the victims.

*I await my AAAIB membership form.*

Or just as likely that they don't care about the lives of their own citizens

It's a false flag attack and they shot it down as a warning to Trump, which they can then blame on the work of the Great Satan attacking Iran again
I like your thinking.

Regardless, RIP to the poor buggers on board.

Poor souls. Bet some were trying to get out in fear of their own safety.

Latest Threads