UKIP will go from Strength to Strength

http://news.sky.com/story/1317864/immigration-rise-in-romanians-and-bulgarians

The number of Romanians and Bulgarians coming to work in the UK has increased by 10% to 153,000, new figures show.

The Office for National Statistics puts the number for April to June at 13,000 higher than for the first quarter of the year, when 140,000 Romanians and Bulgarians were working in the UK.

The figures for the beginning of the year indicated the fears over an influx after restrictions on Romanians and Bulgarians working in the UK were lifted had failed to materialise.

However, the new figures show the numbers of immigrants now working in the UK are rising again.

Makes the Tory promises on cutting immigration meaningless like the rest of the shite they spout.

Another squeeze the low paid workers already here who have settled and have small kids - hence rise in bill for tax credits, LHA, free nursery places, school meals etc.

The short termism of improving company profits with low paid workers and zero hour contracts is going to make the tax credit and in work benefits bills rise to unaffordable levels (it isn't already).

No accident today then that whilst unemployment is reducing quite nicely so are wage levels...

Something in the economy is seriously wrong!!

Did you know that cutting wages and benefits actually lifts people out of poverty?

??

Wages falling, savings falling, house prices rising....

Shit storm ahead a big one!!

CQMS

LE
It's all doom and gloom with you, Wages falling means less in poverty, savings falling means more people spending and enjoying themselves, house prices rising is good for homeowners.

It's all doom and gloom with you, Wages falling means less in poverty, savings falling means more people spending and enjoying themselves, house prices rising is good for homeowners.

Don't you see the obvious flaw in your argument? Rising house prices might be good for homeowners until no one can afford them due to the other factors in the economy....

Did you know that cutting wages and benefits actually lifts people out of poverty?

Did you know that I've read some daft things on here but that one's up there with the winning contenders.

House prices rising isn't good for homeowners unless they plan to downsize, otherwise they're fecked cos everyone else's house is just as expensive.

The real people who're fecked are first time buyers and those not yet on the housing market.

If any Englishman, working hard for long hours a week that would make a Frenchy faint into his crepes cannot begin to think about buying a house for his family unless he has rich relatives to lend him cash then we are surely in a fucked up situation.

House prices are the nacker. Just like a few years ago, interest rates will rise and a big crash is on the cards again. No lessons seem to have been learned.
However, pay hasn't fallen. It's risen about 2 to 2.5% but not enough to keep up with inflation, especially on the property market. I can't see this coalition (referred to as these Tories by the OP) doing much on that score but I'm pretty sure the UK is in a better state than if Labour had stayed in. 150,000 Bulgarians and Romanians can't have made that much of difference to either house prices or inflation, though.

If it's so easy for immigrants to get poorly paid manual jobs, why don't the people who this will effect just migrate to somewhere else in the EU?

House prices are the nacker. Just like a few years ago, interest rates will rise and a big crash is on the cards again. No lessons seem to have been learned.
However, pay hasn't fallen. It's risen about 2 to 2.5% but not enough to keep up with inflation, especially on the property market. I can't see this coalition (referred to as these Tories by the OP) doing much on that score but I'm pretty sure the UK is in a better state than if Labour had stayed in. 150,000 Bulgarians and Romanians can't have made that much of difference to either house prices or inflation, though.

Maybe not but they certainly contribute to lower wages in the un/low skilled trades

Looking through the jobs classified today, one for head chef in a chain pub in a fenland town...£7ph.
Doubtless there will be a queue of Lithuanians bidding even that down tomorrow morning.

If it's so easy for immigrants to get poorly paid manual jobs, why don't the people who this will effect just migrate to somewhere else in the EU?

Cos the whole world speaks English and are taught it at school.

No one speaks Pollackbulgarino because it's useless to anyone and everyone. If a Russian and a Chinese bloke meet what language do you think they're going to speak and do business in? Danish?

No one speaks Pollackbulgarino because it's useless to anyone and everyone. If a Russian and a Chinese bloke meet what language do you think they're going to speak and do business in? Danish?

Whats stoping them from learning a new language?

CQMS

LE
I agree, CQMS. Lets me and you both demand our bosses give us a pay cut tomorrow. We will be so much better off than the rest of the mugs on here.

You are clearly not a politician. Pull up a sandbag and let me tell you how it's done.

The definition of poverty in this country is earning (or taking) less than 60% of median income. Reducing or cutting pay lowers that median and Hey Presto you have lifted people out of poverty.

It's a politicians trick. No one of my generation would recognise anyone today as being in poverty.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
You are clearly not a politician. Pull up a sandbag and let me tell you how it's done.

The definition of poverty in this country is earning (or taking) less than 60% of median income. Reducing or cutting pay lowers that median and Hey Presto you have lifted people out of poverty.

It's a politicians trick. No one of my generation would recognise anyone today as being in poverty.

Aye you wuz poor but you wuz happy.

S0I

LE

German?

Latest Threads