UKIP, masters of irony?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Banker, May 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Banker

Banker On ROPs

Turned up to vote in Chelsea & Fulham last night. Looked at the candidate list, all in the usual format. Candidate name, party and address. As usual, some candidates had their addresses withheld.

What's unusul about that?

Well, Mr. XYZ from UKIP had his address down a "resident in France".

Now, that's either the worst example of hypocricy I've ever seen............or a masterclass in irony.

I'm still not decided which it is.

2. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

As was Mr Farage crashing a Polish aircraft!

3. No, no, no, silly man. The nasty Polish dirty-EU aircraft that was imported illegally on the backs of immigrants and in Polish plumbers wrenches was used in an EU-based plot to kill the glorious UKIP leader, or something along those lines.

It's all about spin these days.

4. I'm in the same constituency as you, Banker. I found it rather entertaining that, although overt demonstration of political bias is not allowed within the polling station, most of the staff OUTSIDE it (collecting ballot cards etc) had prominant blue rosettes all over the shop! Anyone would think we lived in a safe Tory seat or something.

5. Our UKIP member didnt list an address. Thought that was probably the safest option.

6. Our Lib Dem candidate had his home address in Belgium, (works for the EU).

That's what the missus told me anyway - I couldn't be bothered with looking at his details............

Odo

7. I know this is the NAAFI but as a matter of interest, the people with rosettes would have been what are called tellers from the political parties, and not polling station staff at all. They have no official status and you are under no obligation to show them your polling card, but it is perfectly OK for them to ask.

8. Completely ignored mine and much to her frustration at almost shouting "Can I see your card please?" twice :twisted:

Stupid fucking busy-bodies!

9. Banker

Banker On ROPs

My message to them on the way out was........"I like to share the love".

10. Well, I certainly didn't want to carry it home so if some bint wants to take it off my hands, I couldn't care less!