UKIP leader to challenge the speakers position.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by insert-coin-here, Sep 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Telegragh link

Good for Farage and UKIP,I personally would like to see Farage as speaker himself should he be victorious in the ousting the wringing wet Bercow.

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Can he stand as an MP without standing down as an MEP?

This being the same Farage who as an MEP spent nearly £2 million of taxpayers' money in expenses and allowances on top of his salary.
    (I agree on your view of Bercow though...)

3. Yes - didn't some of the Ulster pols do this, MP, MEP and probably MLA as well.

And isn't Salmond an MP and MSP?

4. If Bercow lost, he would no doubt be "Elevated" (And I use that term very loosely) to The Lords with the rest of the thieving ermine vermin.

5. Well as he's a proper little short arse, just a cushion would elevate him to new and giddy heights.

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Double salary too?

What happens when important issues come up and he has to be in 2 places at once?

Bet the thievin cnut would claim every expense twice too....

7. To be fair to Farage the expenses cash he has been given by the EU has been ploughed back into UKIP,a lovely little irony.

Its hardly been used to flip second houses like Bercow has done.And futher to that even if Farage pocketed it,2 million over a decade is small beer compared to what he would have made in the private sector if he had not of gone into politics.

A lot of MP's seem to go into policitics to make a few quid for themselves at the taxpayers expense,the opposite is true of Farage....he actually believes in what he is doing.

8. Paisley was: Dr Ian R K Paisley MP MEP MLA

Salmond is: MSP Gordon / MP Banff & Buchan, as well as the glorious leader of the pictish horde.

Edited to add - you can see his Westmonster expenses claims here: http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/alex_salmond/banff_and_buchan

Elected 1st Minister in May 2007, his claims dropped from an outstanding 9th highest (although he does have a long way to travel - where he was 10th highest), to a "why is he still allowed to claim this sh1t" 416th - low on the troughers list but a more than respectable £139,233.

9. Count yourselves lucky. The salad dodging berk could eat every Commons Restaurant bare.

10. Farage would be unable to continue as an MEP if he gained the seat from Bercow. You can no longer serve as a member of a national parliament and of the European parliament simultaneously - the rule has been in force for quite some time, but the UK had an exemption until this year for reasons I forget.

There is one British MEP, Sarah Ludford, who is a Baroness - she would've been forced to step down as an MEP had a statutory instrument (The European Parliament [House of Lords Disqualification] Regulations 2008) not been enacted to allow her to suspend her membership of the Lords. Farage will not have this option, of course, and would have to step down from the European position.

11. Ah yes, the draft for the "Lord Mandelson for Prime Minister [Whores of Lords Disqualification] Regulations 2010".

12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

200k a year in expense claims is justified because he may have made more privately - not an MP yourself are you?
    IIRC some of this was inflated wages to admin staff who just happened to be members of his family.
    Fine upstanding character of the community... :roll:

Bet he does not have the minerals to quit as an MEP though, too much to lose as he has never polled double figures in his vain attempts to become an MP......

13. You tell me if its justified.....after all you're the one who thinks the EU is great.

14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

UKIP MEP's are con artists, but fools are easily led.
    I don't think the EU is great and have never suggested so.

15. When Bercow used to do Question Time he had an annoying habit of lifting the cheek of one ARRSE every time he spoke. I was longing to shout "SIT STILL".