UKIP get a third leader.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Good to see some woman from UKIP, Elizabeth Jones?, telling us that Bolton had ‘not brought in any new donors and had no economic plan for Britain after Brexit. This was his main failing.
Why would he need one, his and his party’s views would be irrelevant.

Particularly good was the way she didn’t seem in the least bit bothered about Henry’s girlfriends texts. It was as if she couldn’t understand what the fuss was about, wasn’t that what everyone was thinking? (At least in UKIP).

UKIP are an irrelevance outside of Brexit and impotent without Farage.
He is the most effective British politician since Thatcher and I hope history will recognise that fact.

( Yes, TCB was also an effective politician but his megalomaniac cnutishness with direct line to God complicating things rules him out of sensible consideration )

UKIP are an irrelevance outside of Brexit and impotent without Farage.
He is the most effective British politician since Thatcher and I hope history will recognise that fact.....
Well, apart from his inability to get elected to Westminster. Nigel's a One Trick Pony and comparing him to Maggie Thatcher is a bit odd to be honest.

Any candidates for UKIP's leader for the next six weeks? And they might as well draw up a short list for April's election at the same time. :D

Well, apart from his inability to get elected to Westminster. Nigel's a One Trick Pony and comparing him to Maggie Thatcher is a bit odd to be honest.

Any candidates for UKIP's leader for the next six weeks? And they might as well draw up a short list for April's election at the same time. :D
I think they've run out candidates who can plausibly deny being a racist :D

Last edited:

I believe the reason he never won his Seat was due to the disproportionate amount of opposition canvassing to make sure.
They threw everything at it and it was widely reported at the time.

He led a small Party with tiny support into one with 4 million votes in a General Election.

The Brexit Referendum would not have happened without the groundswell of opinion supporting what he was vocalising so well.

A pretty effective politician by any measure.

I believe the reason he never won his Seat was due to the disproportionate amount of opposition canvassing to make sure.

He led a small Party with tiny support into one with 4 million votes in a General Election.

The Brexit Referendum would not have happened without the groundswell of opinion supporting what he was vocalising so well.

How well is that Brexit thingy working out?

Just carry on pretending that we're not leaving. There's no point changing now. You'll only get even more stressed.

I'm not in the least stressed. You could at least attempt to engage with the argument rather than painting yourself into a corner.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Except he never managed to get himself or the vast majority of his party elected.
Not nearly as effective as Corbyn, now that’s an effective politician. Widely regarded as useless, a waste of space and a liability he manages to lead a party which closes up a 20point and reduces a governmental majority to one hanging by its fingertips.

Still widely regarded as an arsewipe, he manages a capable opposition by doing sod all, but being there.
That’s a pretty effective politician. ( and that without the use of one word of abuse)

Keep telling yourself that, as well (but remember to ignore the number of obsessive Brexity posts that you've made over the past 18 months or so).

I'm not obsessed, either. Why do you keep tilting at windmills?

It is of course the most important issue of the day and for the next several decades. How would you judge things are going?

How would you judge things are going?
Who cares? It's all partisan waffle and finger in the air speculation. The judgement will only be possible after we are properly out... and even then not on day 1.

The only fact available now is that there was a majority vote to leave the EU and that that vote will be implemented.

Who cares? It's all partisan waffle and finger in the air speculation. The judgement will only be possible after we are properly out... and even then not on day 1.

The only fact available now is that theer was a majority vote to leave the EU and that that vote will be implemented.

Maybe.