UKIP Conference in Donny

S

simmer

I thought the NAAFI bar would generate some healthy objective debate on this one. Apart from the fact that picking sunny Donny to host it woudl appear to be a smart and amusing slap in the face for Milliwand, the policies they appear to be announcing wouldn't seem to be too unreasonable to me given they are pitching at the bloke on the street.

One or two sweeteners also for Forces lads and lasses - 12 years service gives you passage into plod or the Border Agency if you want it..]

I was quite taken with the tax plans, and I must say cutting foreign aid makes sense - I am sure we can all table many a disgusting dit about the misappropriation of reconstruction grants, let alone DFID squandering millions of tax payers money and not actually being able to tell you where the cash goes as the governance and corporate accounting in the Department is an utter shambles and has been for years and years and years.

I also quite liked the idea of not having to stand in line with people who patently dont belong here, or shouldn't be here at all.

Any views?

I don't agree with everything they propose - I think we WILL need HS2 for example but they shall get my vote.

They can cay anything they like because:
  • They'll never get the opportunity to have influence on or can implement these proposals.
  • Everyone only hears the 'leave the EU' rhetoric, so everything else is academic.

Our Nige sounded a bit pissed off this morning on the Today program.

Must have taken some doing to recall Parliament to take the media spotlight off the UKIP conference..

Had a dig about Carswell as well. The day after he resigned the seat the Home Office increased the security state to feck him about....

• They'll never get the opportunity to have influence on or can implement these proposals.
  • Everyone only hears the 'leave the EU' rhetoric, so everything else is academic.

Maybe but that tart Milliband never even acknowledged there is debate in the Euro dimension in his speech the other day.

Another cnut who ignores the wishes of a significant proportion of the electorate..

UKIP only exists because these cnuts refuse to face up to important issues.

Maybe but that tart Milliband never even acknowledged there is debate in the Euro dimension in his speech the other day.

Another cnut who ignores the wishes of a significant proportion of the electorate..

UKIP only exists because these cnuts refuse to face up to important issues.

Sort of like the 45% who should shut up whinging that they lost?

One or two sweeteners also for Forces lads and lasses - 12 years service gives you passage into plod or the Border Agency if you want it.

Apart from a possible carry over of a pension, how would this be an advantage to someone serving now and wants to join them?

I was quite taken with the tax plans, and I must say cutting foreign aid makes sense - I am sure we can all table many a disgusting dit about the misappropriation of reconstruction grants, let alone DFID squandering millions of tax payers money and not actually being able to tell you where the cash goes as the governance and corporate accounting in the Department is an utter shambles and has been for years and years and years.

I think most foreign aid is modern day bribes, to do business with whoever is running the country

Sort of like the 45% who should shut up whinging that they lost?

I take your point but most who see this as an important issue would bite your hand off to get the chance at a referendum.

Once the issue is settled then it would be appropriate to link it if they bleated on....

The fcukers north of the border were at least asked the question.

No, another cnut that possibly doesn't want to remind the electorate that his party were the one's that opened the door in the first place.

The immigration debate has died down considerably since the Scottish thing kicked off, and Miliband's not about to be the one to start it all up again. He's quite happy to let that happen in a Con/UKIP tit-for-tat.

Still not sure why you decided to throw the Miliband/Labour comments on points specific to the thread, i.e the UKIP party conference?

Didnt Bugsy say he was going there to protest against UKIP? I'll have to watch to see if the people of Doncaster shove his SWP paper up his arse.

I take your point but most who see this as an important issue would bite your hand off to get the chance at a referendum.

Once the issue is settled then it would be appropriate to link it if they bleated on....

The fcukers north of the border were at least asked the question.
As were we on the last election. You could have voted for anyone of the many candidates that are solidly against the EU on any one of about 10 occasions since the UK joined.

S

simmer

Apart from a possible carry over of a pension, how would this be an advantage to someone serving now and wants to join them?

I think most foreign aid is modern day bribes, to do business with whoever is running the country

I'd say it will be an advantage as its taken my mate (ex REME) a year to get into Civil & Nuclear, so its may make the process a bit less painless I suppose.

Having spent some time looking at the internal workings of DFID, I can hand on heart say they dont know where the money goes, and the Financial Accounting System they implemented a few years ago to try and get some order into the complete shambles was a complete disaster. They know millions is siphoned off and misappropriated, and they don't know where it goes. Honest gov. Its the truth.

He's certainly slamming Labour a good un, it's the EU political interference not Europe as a whole he's against (source:conference).

Only a UKIP coalition will give Mr Farage the opportunities required & I hope he gets it.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I'd say it will be an advantage as its taken my mate (ex REME) a year to get into Civil & Nuclear, so its may make the process a bit less painless I suppose.

Having spent some time looking at the internal workings of DFID, I can hand on heart say they dont know where the money goes, and the Financial Accounting System they implemented a few years ago to try and get some order into the complete shambles was a complete disaster. They know millions is siphoned off and misappropriated, and they don't know where it goes. Honest gov. Its the truth.

I can't see how it will make the process any different (in a massive way) checks (security/educational/physical) will still have to be made.

Billions are misappropriated, President Umbungo gets a shiny Rolls Royce and the UK gets some contract that probably fucks over the presidents people.

He's certainly slamming Labour a good un, it's the EU political interference not Europe as a whole he's against (source:conference).

Only a UKIP coalition will give Mr Farage the opportunities required & I hope he gets it.

Me too, I'm just being a realist that he'll only get 1-3 MP's which won't give him leverage to do anything with anyone.

At least we may finally find out their policies and what they actually stand for other than the " get out of the EU at any cost" malarkey. Maybe they will prove themselves a political force that will put the shits up the big three but I doubt it, they will remain a protest vote for the foreseeable future.

The idea of using the cash that goes on foreign aid to lower income tax is a brilliant bit of thinking.

It works on so many levels with so many different people.

I wonder how the other parties are going to change it so that they can steal the idea?

Me too, I'm just being a realist that he'll only get 1-3 MP's which won't give him leverage to do anything with anyone.
Unfortunately I agree they're not politically strong enough to make a nationwide impact only regional.

I'd rather see a Tory-UKIP coalition than anything else but very unlikely due to the short memory of a certain amount of the electorate.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Seen this online on the comments section of the BBC article,
UKIP want to get rid of postal voting for all but the sick, elderly and overseas armed forces because they think it's 'fraudulent' - this is a terrible idea.

Must be from a Pakistani Labour voter in the midlands!

No, another cnut that possibly doesn't want to remind the electorate that his party were the one's that opened the door in the first place.

The immigration debate has died down considerably since the Scottish thing kicked off, and Miliband's not about to be the one to start it all up again. He's quite happy to let that happen in a Con/UKIP tit-for-tat.

Still not sure why you decided to throw the Miliband/Labour comments on points specific to the thread, i.e the UKIP party conference?

Indeed mate nothing much there I would disagree with. I mentioned Milliband as he had just done his conference (Tory's and Lib Damps are yet to report). His approach was lets have much of the same.

The Country is in desperate need of change and that cnut just don't get it.

Listened to the Farage speech this afternoon. He will be striking a chord with many.

Farage has been highlighting a lot the people in "in-work" benefits, and thus making the other parties very slowly start to admit to the billions that are being paid in tax credits that are not included in benefits figures, so I guess that is useful for economic transparency and the illusion of the recovery.

9 out of 10 new claims for housing benefit in Outer London are for people needing rent subsidy due to low income was claimed by a think tank, London Councils. They said around 850,000 London households are in receipt of housing benefit, 282,000 of them in private rented accommodation.

Low paid immigrant workers, be they EU or non-EU people on allowed visas working in healthcare for instance are likely to have a lot of "in-work" benefits - tax credits, child tax credits, housing, child benefit

If you don't get any of these benefits and I reckon many here don't, then you are being milked through the Tax system.

The figures are already staggering and getting worse. One of the reasons as to why they are unable to get the deficit under control. It is to be allowed to increase year on year? Lunacy!!

The brakes need to be put on, as far as I can see Farage is the only one talking about even attempting that.

Latest Threads