UKBA Hitting Hard Where It's Needed

If he cannot afford to take care of them here he should **** off.

You can't ride 2 horses with 1 arse! Didn't someone say rules is rules?

Is this bloke or even the deceased mother a British Citizen ? If so its a non story as those children will be granted ILR. If he is a Brit its probally an admin cock up on his part or the whole story is part of the campaign against the new immigration laws bought in on July 9th last year where there is a minimum amount you have to earn to bring a spouse & their kids over. You would,nt belive the amount of wage slips , P60s & bank statements I had to send UKBA to get the Mrs here.

We are playing host to many hundreds of thousands of this sort of parasitic scum . Out now, to the lot I say. Oh dear, is my non P.C. side showing?
At least the bloke IS working & contributing , hows that make him a parasite ? I,d rather him than a load of F&C who do the absolute minimum service , then walk out the gates family in tow & sign on .

If he got off his hairy arse and got a proper job to support them it wouldn't be an issue.
It's not his fault. The poor guy's a horse butcher and for some reason the bottom has fallen out of the market recently. He lost his job at the Findus lasagne factory and his haemorrhoids aren't plump enough to get him a full, 100% disability package.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
importing white english speaking kids - that's a rarity.

I'd keep them.

much better things to deport from burnley than an 8 year old white boy.

Oh dear oh dear here we go again. Acording to the article they are here on a holiday visa, but have actually been enrolled in School here- hardly the appropriate way to go and no applications would seem to have been made prior to enrolling the kids in school. Yes get them here on a holiday visa- but what's his status?

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
They won't go. Bleeding hearts, Chakrabharti and the like will get involved, and Croydon UKBA will cave in. The fact they were given '3 month visas' (unlikely) makes it even more likely the kids came here for bogus reasons. With no 'immediate' zaffer family, the likelihood of them Going back was always going to be slim. Still, change the scenario slightly, and this kind of thing goes on daily. Just not so newsworthy when the subjects aren't IC-1's.

The trouble is having one rule for all. What we need is a common sense system where first-world people can come and go as they please, and third-world people are drowned at Dover.

The trouble is having one rule for all. What we need is a common sense system where first-world people can come and go as they please, and third-world people are drowned at Dover.
I agree that we should have one rule to cover all but I also feel that each case should individually be tempered with justice and should be fitted to the circumstances of all those involved. I tend to believe that a family should be kept together whenever possible and it is not even a large or extended family but a couple of children.

No way did he say when he brought the kids over that he was intending to enroll them in school and keep them here living with him as such honesty would have meant a knock-off and a straight turnaround on a flight back to SA. Instead he opted to conceal the truth, in order to avoid that exact same outcome, and now wonders why he's not getting the red-carpet treatment for them? Perhaps if he'd done it legitimately to start with he would not now be in this situation.

I agree that we should have one rule to cover all but I also feel that each case should individually be tempered with justice and should be fitted to the circumstances of all those involved. I tend to believe that a family should be kept together whenever possible and it is not even a large or extended family but a couple of children.
Unfortunately, it's extremely difficult to get it right. The system needs to be as fair as possible, without costing as much as the NHS to run.

I was obviously taking the piss with my last post, but it stems from people I know from Zimbabwe and the US encountering trouble getting into the UK. For people with English as a first language and a very similar cultural background, coming here should (in my opinion) be piss easy.

I see the logic in their financial requirement, but the bar is set higher than it needs to be. Adherence to strict rules without the case-by-case application of common sense or decency can lead to silly situations like this.