UKBA Blunders Again..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by beemer007, Mar 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What percentage of them are female?

2. Oh I expect they will be fully on the ball again next month at Dover and yet again stop my car and do a comprehensive search and passenger check on the way OUT of England.=-\\\\

3. S, I think you will probably find that that was a SECURITY check.

4. As a an active Arrser S is no doubt a dodgy character who we would not want to inflict upon the French.

5. Oh I know, but lets work this one through UKBA Johhnies…

Which one to stop and check?

Tidy Honda with middle aged couple, windscreen plastered with 5 years worth of German, Swiss and Italian motorway toll, emmissions & campsite vignettes

Rusty Transit vans with 3 shaven headed knuckle draggers wedged in

Beaten up old saloons crammed to the gills with swarthy and unibrow'd blokes in shellsuits

Yes, it's a hard one!

Of course being a bloody cynical bugger, I thinks to myself - shall we stop one of the vehicles that might cause us some work and effort, or shall we stop a car that's 99.999% guaranteed to come up clean and spare us bothering our arses to actively do some proper work.

6. A.

7. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Are you marking peoples posts now Biccies?

8. Ah but that would be "target stereotyping" and we don't do that anymore.

9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

"Profiling" surely?

10. So the UKBA, the old immigration service, the education sector,and bureaucrats have finally been busted, humiliated, and exposed. Only took several years to come out, didn't it.

No doubt not one of those silly asses spouting tolerance and conceited multiculti nonsense feels in the slightest responsible or culpable. Likely, they'll all get off scot free.

No offence but this isn't news, and was obvious to some, years ago, even discussed on these boards. Anyone interested in this stuff could see the creaking leaking immigration system, the education sector, and bureaucracy closing their eyes and gushing with conceited tolerance with open arms. Even the most tolerant and open minded of us are thoroughly pissed off with you.

Thanks a lot for letting in enough illegals to fill up Cambridge, for changing and ruining communities nationwide, and for causing yet more proposed (today) development set to concrete over more green land to accommodate the fruits of your arrogant stupidity.

11. Ah, but you see it was 'a sound business decision'* and as we all know that's the biggest get-out-of-jail-free card there is.

There have been three FE colleges in Glasgow had their Highly-Trusted Sponsor status revoked and a fourth is probably going to follow suit after their next audit. All of them were playing the same game: enrolling people onto 2-year HND programmes despite the fact that the HND is not a 2 year syllabus, it's a 1-year syllabus building on the 1-year syllabus of the HNC.

What these colleges were doing was bundling the two together and issuing visa sponsorship with no thought to the possibility that the students would fail their HNC and as a result fail to progress to the HND. Entirely by coincidence, the HND was the minimum level of qualification eligible for the old Post-Study Work visa scheme and it would be churlish of me to suggest that they were employing that as a marketing tool to recruit international (full-fee paying) students.

Anecdotally, and I can't confirm this from personal experience since I got it second hand from the wife of a college lecturer, Indian students were particularly apt to doing the bare minimum to pass the HNC phase then disappearing until final results day and demanding their certificates on the grounds that 'we've paid for it'.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if similar situations were being employed at the less selective of our 'universities' and particularly their 'pathway-provider' partners. Where there's money involved, those whose priority is money will inevitably follow whatever path they can find to get it.

*Perhaps remembering it's not a business but education would have been appropriate, or is that just crazy-talk?

12. A local Labour councillor in Nottingham had to resign because he was giving training contracts to a "college" in which he had a large financial interest.

What was never mentioned was that the college had a thriving business sponsoring visa applications for students from his home area in Pakistan. The English language students turned up for a few lectures and then vanished into the local Pakistani population.