Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by penfoldio, Dec 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but couldnt find much when I searched. On BBC news this morning with Ross Kemp.

I hadnt heard of it before and know that when I was away at chrstmas or any other time, welfare parcels were welcome.

Enjoy and donate if you can.
  2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Well done, I saw this on TV
  3. Not wanting to be an arse but I got one of these last year and the box was the most useful bit. The box ran out of uses after I had used it to transfer its contents to the bin though.
  4. Sorry to hear that, but on telly they had someone in green recommending them. Cant win em all I suppose.

I did get the impression that they took suggestions for contents from those who recieve the boxs.

On the site there is a contact section and maybe you could feed back your experience.
  5. Yeah I read that and to be honest I don't remember filling in a feedback sheet so I probably binned it. We were not aware at the time that they were funded by the public as most things in it had a sponsors brand name on it. The only bit I still have is a small caribiner with BAE Systems written on it an an attached comedy compass. Sodexho supplied the most useless mug ever invented(those foldup things). Although Sodexho could have sent me a litre of Scotch and I would still think they were gits. The reading lamp thing was a nice idea but everyone uses a headtorch.

I don't want to deter people from supporting the troops at Christmas, I'm just saying the lads had smiles on their faces when opening privately posted parcels as it was more of a personal touch.