UK4U

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but couldnt find much when I searched. On BBC news this morning with Ross Kemp.

I hadnt heard of it before and know that when I was away at chrstmas or any other time, welfare parcels were welcome.

Enjoy and donate if you can.

http://www.uk4u.org

Not wanting to be an arse but I got one of these last year and the box was the most useful bit. The box ran out of uses after I had used it to transfer its contents to the bin though.

spaz said:
Not wanting to be an arse but I got one of these last year and the box was the most useful bit. The box ran out of uses after I had used it to transfer its contents to the bin though.
Sorry to hear that, but on telly they had someone in green recommending them. Cant win em all I suppose.

I did get the impression that they took suggestions for contents from those who recieve the boxs.

On the site there is a contact section and maybe you could feed back your experience.

Penfoldio said:
Sorry to hear that, but on telly they had someone in green recommending them. Cant win em all I suppose.

I did get the impression that they took suggestions for contents from those who recieve the boxs.

On the site there is a contact section and maybe you could feed back your experience.
Yeah I read that and to be honest I don't remember filling in a feedback sheet so I probably binned it. We were not aware at the time that they were funded by the public as most things in it had a sponsors brand name on it. The only bit I still have is a small caribiner with BAE Systems written on it an an attached comedy compass. Sodexho supplied the most useless mug ever invented(those foldup things). Although Sodexho could have sent me a litre of Scotch and I would still think they were gits. The reading lamp thing was a nice idea but everyone uses a headtorch.

I don't want to deter people from supporting the troops at Christmas, I'm just saying the lads had smiles on their faces when opening privately posted parcels as it was more of a personal touch.