UK Wound Award

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fuggyred, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Information:

The Prime Minister is deeply grateful to the British Armed Forces for the huge contribution they make to keeping Britain safe. Britain owes a debt of gratitude to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and their families, as well as to those who have been wounded on operations.

On 1 July the introduction of the Elizabeth Cross and Memorial Scroll was announced by Her Majesty The Queen as a form of new recognition for Next of Kin (NOK) of UK Armed Forces personnel who have died on medal earning operations or as a result of an act of terrorism since 1 January 1948, in national recognition of their loss and sacrifice. The final proposals were the result of many months detailed work spent considering a range of sensitive and complex issues and were approved by Her Majesty The Queen.

Those who are injured deserve our greatest support and the best way we can do this is by providing the best medical care, as well as other forms of assistance. Anyone who is wounded and medically evacuated from a medal earning theatre receives the appropriate campaign medal even if they have not been there for the required qualifying period. The British Honours system has never instituted a medal for the sole purpose of recognising someone who has been injured or wounded while on duty, and there are no plans to do so.

This does not alter the great respect shown by the nation for those who serve in theatres of conflict, and none more so than those wounded as a consequence of their dedication to Service.
  2. DAMN! Why do you keep doing this. Again, I saw the thread title and thought it was going to be a linky to a website comparing the best hairy axe-wounds in the UK.

Now, if anybody would care to share such a link....
  3. I know one for some nasty 'gash' is that any good?
  4. whats the point in this thread?
  5. I think a Military Hospital would be better than a purple heart.
  6. The Enemy Marksman's Medal.

Way up there with the NDM....
  7. Seconded!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.