UK Will Not Decide F-35 Numbers Before 2015

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sunnoficarus, Feb 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There are a lot of UK jobs riding on JSF.

If it comes into service before 2020 I will be very very surprised.
  2. Does no one at MOD know the story of the Emperors New suit of clothes?
  3. I agree, let's improve the Harrier. I look forward to seeing more of them on HMS Ark Royal soon.
  4. Aircraft that both are/were international collaborations, just like the F35
  5. I second that but with a better suggestion.

We should upgrade and improve FA.2 SHAR and put them on the 4 commando carriers (Albion, Bulwark, Centaur and Hermes) for both point defence and in the GA role in support of the embarked Booties.

With the savings in cash from not buying the horribly expensive F-35/JSF, we should equip the 2 strike carriers (Ark Royal and Eagle) with upgraded and improved S.2s and FG.1s or, if the USMC will let us borrow some of their machines, the F-18.

That'll make the Argies shit themselves.....
  6. 3 vanity toys to play with so far. :wink:

7. Sense a wah coming avoids the bite
  8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

SOURCE Financial Times 20 Feb 2012

The FT article goes on to state:

9. Appart from cool looking aerobatics what can they do that a drone can't?
  10. Hmmm, is it me or does all that sound familiar? Dragging out procurement programs to create "savings" that end up costing more in the long run - that could never happen to us.
  11. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Looking at Goatman's post and the quote from the FT, I can't help thinking if US Military chiefs want/need examples of how spinning out procurement costs more, all they need to do is point at CVA, T45, Astute...

Remind me: how much is a human being worth when rendered down into organs and constituent chemicals? Someone put a Gordon Brown-sized pot on, please. Every little helps...
    • Like Like x 1