UK victory on EU budget - UK will pay more

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Feb 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

2. Once again the UK is going to be royally screwed by the Euro scum. Our Prime Minister presents our "screwing " as some sort of victory.. Sick, Sick,Sick.

3. Before you start crowing, read the bit that says "Britain gets no rebate on the new country spending under a deal signed by Tony Blair in 2005". So, Cameron gets them to lower the overall budget but Britain's contribution has to go up because call me Tony signed it away 8 years ago. I wonder how much the contribution would have gone up if the budget hadn't been cut? Well done, Tone. Those seeds you sowed for the EU presidency are coming up lovely.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Tony's getting his cut. Screw you.

tony-blair_2473011b.jpg

5. Listened to that on the radio yesterday, "cut in EU budget but our payments go up". I think Dave missed the trick there.
    Our rebate goes down, well screw Brussels, can we cut out payments by the same amount, from what I've heard the CAP budget stays the same, is this so le frog can keep producing horse meat for the uk.
    The french can't call us "Rost Beefs" any more.
    Is it just me or is Cameron out of his depth.

CG

6. The UK gets no rebate on spending in new EU member states thanks to a deal signed by Tony Blair in 2005 when he was contemplating his next career move being EU President. So as the EU grows, the UK net contribution will always increase but now by less.

Anyhoo do not think this is a Cameron victory: all came down to the Germans voters having had a gutful of bailing out everybody else and oooh guess what German Federal Election looming in September

7. As one of the net contributors, we are paying for this whole affair. What would happen if we put the payments in escrow, and said,

'The money is there, but you lot can't get your dibs on it until we're all agreed on a better CAP, fishing policy, and stop ****ing off to Strasbourg to keep the Frogs happy.'

I also notice that a secret vote may be had by MEPs on the budget, so the thieves we voted for can vote down something and deny they were even there. Democracy eh.

• Like Like x 2
  8. FHA

FHA LE

"European heads of state and government have agreed to commit at least 20 percent of the entire European Union budget over the next seven years to climate-related spending. The seven-year budget was agreed at 960 billion euros."

Brussels Out Of Control:

Wow. I'm in the wrong job.

9. Cameron's skill was in choosing the right moment to press his cause.

A bit like Wellington recruiting Von Blücher in a way! :wink:

10. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

The other thing that might make it go up is that the EU has seldom spent up to its budget limit each year. Therefore spending might actually go up if they spend right up to the limit of this budget. And indeed, now the MEP's ahve got their knickers in a twist about the gravy train slowing down a fraction, I wonder if they'll overspend the budget for spite.

The other thing is that the European Parliament has thrown its toys out of the pram and is threatening to veto the proposed budget, which it can do. Only they don't have the balls to do it openly. From the link to the Telegraph article that FF posted (my bold).

What cowardly, gutless pricks. They don't even have the courage to vote openly.

Cameron is a strange mix of steel backbone and jellyfish, competence and incompetence.

On one hand he splits his party with a needless vote on gay marriage; on the other he manages to block significant increases in the EU budget by getting the Germans to line up with him.

Go figure...

Wordsmith

11. I have given up trying to figure out anything anymore. Fuckwittery abounds.

12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

it will get nowhere, the only way to decrease the budget is to stop paying. scrap the CAP and it will save hundreds of billions - why cant countries subsidise their own farmers instead of paying someone else to do it.

latest is the MEPs want a secret ballot so they can vote it down

13. No - true fuckwittery has a class of its own, it can amuse and fascinate for hours. The EU just frustrates, infuriates and leaves you in a state of despair!

14. Not quite, as of November this year same sex marriage becomes European Law. Being 'married' in one member state means that they have to be regarded as 'married' in all other member states. Cameron (and the Frogs) are getting it in early in order to take less heat for a supposed bonkers home grown initiative rather than suffer true outrage at it being imposed direct from Brussells. Cameron is truly in the EU pocket. 'Deceitful' doesn't do justice to the guy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anyone got a link to join UKIP?