UK/US SNCO Exchange - RMR - how?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bravo_Bravo, Mar 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Given the RMR don't have a two week camp as such ( AIUI ), how can they get pax on this programme when they wont be able to host any of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children in return?

( and no, I've not been knocked back from this...)
  2. Erm, details?
  3. Erm, as per the words wot i rote?
  4. Is this exchange just a TA thing?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It used to be TA, but I gather that the RNR have blagged onto it as well as the RMR.
  6. Not for two weeks, Trigger.
  7. Maybe it depends on what part of RMR is involved........<cough>Poole. Someone I knew who was <cough>RMR spent a nice couple of weeks at Camp Pendleton with recon and came back wearing a set of those big para wings USMC wear. I gathered that they reciprocate by inviting them to swap the southern californian sunshine for the UK south coast and the English Channel. This must have been around 5 or 6 years back, but I can't see that it would have changed.

If you want I can see if my mucker at college here knows anything about it as he just left the USMC based at Pendleton.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Why wouldn't they? Amazingly, there are other parts of the Armed Forces apart from the Army, and we don't have to do exactly what you do. Go pass RAACC and you too can go to America!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Thing is the Royal Marines are part of the Royal Navy, thus they are first amongst equals and gods amongst men. thus they get to go to the US because the USMC really like the RM and invite them to play.

The Army, however, smell and thus only get invited to play with the French or Pikies.

No charge.
    • Like Like x 3