UK TV abroad

A

Aleegee1698

Thought this might interest all who are abroad and miss UK TV:

Finally found a way of watching UK & US TV whilst abroad, for a minimal outlay of €6,60 a month. All UK TV websites will detect your IP address as being outside of the UK, and therefore will not allow viewing. I thought about a second sat-dish but couldnt be arsed with all that. On Internet Privacy and Identity Protection by IdentityCloaker.com!, you are allocated an IP address within the UK, or anywhere you want, therefore, you can enjoy everything on BBC Iplayer, ITV, Youtube etc etc. I shall now connect a laptop permanently to my TV, no more German shoite for me!

Or you could try googling

UKNova

Buy a web enabled games console such as a PS3, plug it in your tv and off you go.

Finally found a way of watching UK & US TV whilst abroad, for a minimal outlay of €6,60 a month. All UK TV websites will detect your IP address as being outside of the UK, and therefore will not allow viewing. I thought about a second sat-dish but couldnt be arsed with all that. On Internet Privacy and Identity Protection by IdentityCloaker.com!, you are allocated an IP address within the UK, or anywhere you want, therefore, you can enjoy everything on BBC Iplayer, ITV, Youtube etc etc. I shall now connect a laptop permanently to my TV, no more German shoite for me!
Or you could do it here for free.

Free UK TV Online

Im not sure the xbox 360 has a web browser, which I think is required.
Im probably wrong though

If you have a decent Internet connection down load "expat shield"
It's free. Changes you ip address to a uk one. Then just watch itvplayer or BBC online etc.

lot of the lads out here in the sand shield their ip address to use iplayers etc. will ask what they use.

I love this quote
A sophisticated, yet easy to use system that would protect the sensitive data you send and receive over the Internet using an encryption technique so powerful that even the US Department of Defense and the US Army is using it for protecting information classified TOP SECRET? Encryption technique so powerful you would need at least a few hundred years to break even with huge computer networks? Encryption technique so powerful that even the best funded intelligence agencies cannot break it?
They seem to forget that some bloke easily hacked into the US military system, so its not really a good advertising point.

If you have a decent Internet connection down load "expat shield"
It's free. Changes you ip address to a uk one. Then just watch itvplayer or BBC online etc.
I notice that although expat shield gives you an IP address, the company running it is US, and the US has a policy of checking internet traffic, so I wonder just how private they keep things, particularly as the service is free.

ProXPN is the one used out here, costs around 25 notes for the year.

I use VPNgates.com in the middle east costs about 30 quid a quarter but very reliable and when i have needed the customer service they have been spot on

I'm on myexpatnetwork which works like a dream. In fact I got the recommendation from Arrse. Thanks.

I notice that although expat shield gives you an IP address, the company running it is US, and the US has a policy of checking internet traffic, so I wonder just how private they keep things, particularly as the service is free.
You could be right cabana but their not gonna learn a lot from my wife watching eastenders and I'm bang out of national secrets.

Been looking for a decent streaming service to watch UK TV abroad for several months & all I found was software with largely non-English channel selections, most channels not working, poor quality or glitchy when they do & very slow buffer times. Finally found a site that was perfect in every way that I'm sure will interest all ex-pats. Free 15 minute preview from here so you can decide for yourselves:

UK SKY TV LIVE ABROAD | FOR JUST £10UK SKY TV LIVE ABROAD | FOR JUST £10

Will save you a great deal of messing about with proxys, VPN connections & the like. & that's if you're extremely lucky & happen to find a worthwhile streaming service, which are few & far between.

Plays in near-perfect quality through my 42" plasma via HDMI also. Hope it's of benefit.