UK troops teach women to protect themselves against sexual violence in conflict

Not being funny but obviously a serious subject but if your going to do it, then at least show people that its kind of serious. I broke a rib doing Army Restraint and Arrest phys session, i doubt these lot were breaking nails!

The PR Army way....
Picture_2.jpg

The "this is what it should look like" way!
self-defence-classes-dublin.jpeg

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
We had a bash at unarmed combat once, with police instructors. Practicing a knee strike into a pad, i knocked the OC into the air and dropped one of the instructors when an elbow strike found the gap between padding....

Problem in that part of the world is that trying to defend themselves will probably get them killed.

The road to hell is paved, etc...

It might be useful to ensure all UK forces were trained in self-defence techniques before embarking on assistance to foreigners.

A 9 mil jammed in a mans gob is a very effective way for women to say "not today, thanks"

Problem in that part of the world is that trying to defend themselves will probably get them killed.

The road to hell is paved, etc...
Yep, this'll work wonders against a Hilux-load of AK-toting Abduls rolling up on your village. Girl power and all that.
That was my first thought...

A quick also will merely initiate an even more brutal event when the slapped loses face and goes after her family, goats, burns down the village.

It might be useful to ensure all UK forces were trained in self-defence techniques before embarking on assistance to foreigners.
I'd like to see MCMAP brought in as a second Skill At Arms instructor stream.

Marine Corps Martial Arts Program - Wikipedia

I've done a spot of akido, but and a little dabble in krav maga.

the kids are doing bjj at the mo, but with a little extra thrown in by their senseis.

This might be better if carried out in places like Bristol, Bradford, Rotherham etc etc etc.

I'd like to see MCMAP brought in as a second Skill At Arms instructor stream.

Marine Corps Martial Arts Program - Wikipedia

I've done a spot of akido, but and a little dabble in krav maga.

the kids are doing bjj at the mo, but with a little extra thrown in by their senseis.
The problem from the training planning point of view is that maintaining high proficiency and instinctive tactical feel would requires about 6 hours a week to be crammed into the training plan. Even if you are doing this to sport rather than combat standards people are going to pick up injuries and performance handicaps for their other training elements...

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Worth a read:

1560981148680.png

Col Hilary Hook was attached to the Sudanese Army based in Juba in Southern Sudan post WW2, following his service in Burma with a Light Horse regiment ( converted to tanks in 1942),followed by a post war stint in 7th Hussars.

It gives a lot of detail of how the British administered Sudan post-war and the transition to independence.

Some may remember Molly Dineen's quirky BBC documentary in late 1980s.