UK Troops open fire on Taleban

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, May 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

BBC News report that British troops have engaged Taleban in Afghanistan.

In another incident, Apache helos were used for the first time:

Why couldn't they just say 'because it was French'? Good skills all round.

2. I'm sorry but you have to laugh. The first time a multi-million pound killing machine is used and we waste a Hellfire on a knackered old French vehicle!! plus ça change.

That said, well done boys and girls.

3. Chuckling with you tc,

Although I'm sure the lads had wished first blood was more than a Salisbury Plain hulk'a'like!

Bono!!!
    I'm off to get that pidgeon that sits on the bird table eating the bread left out for the smaller birds,
    .....now where did I leave that speargun!! :roll:

4. Hope all the boys are safe. Nice to see that the French provide good targets.

Wonder what the reaction would have been to "UK Troops open fire on French"......

5. Generally... celebrations and lots of chamagne!

6. [​IMG]

"Get that rifle into your shoulder!!!!"

7. Ah, yes. Champagne. That fine French beverage...

8. I just said it on the other thread on this, but I'll say it again - first use of a British Longbow against the French since Agincourt?!

9. brilliant. :D

10. As I said on 'another thread',

Well, it would have been if it wasn't factually incorrect.

The bonus about the Battle of Verneuil (17th August 1424) was that the French had the Scottish on their side!!!

p.s. Agincourt 25 October 1415 9 years earlier!!

11. As I said on 'another thread',

Well, it would have been if it wasn't factually incorrect.

The bonus about the Battle of Verneuil (17th August 1424) was that the French had the Scottish on their side!!! :wink:

p.s. Agincourt 25 October 1415 9 years earlier!!

12. I believe the vehicle in question was a Citreon 2 CV otherwise known as a CND staff car. It was an outrageous waste of taxpayers money to fire on this vehicle... unless it was occupied of course (ABF weekend to be celebrated early this year!)

Pile it on them lads!

13. SilsoeSid - are you following me?

14. Surely if the french wanted it destroyed they couldve just left it in paris?

15. They are observing not firing.