UK Transport Crisis?

2000AD

Old-Salt
Still not heard from DHL who are recruiting near me. Application in over 3 weeks ago and again last week.
Bad form I know to quote youself I know!

The apparent delay from DHL according to an agency rep I was talking to very late last week is due to them having to set up thier training team in the location where they are recruiting. (East Mids Hinckley area)

Truxx

LE
Bad form I know to quote youself I know!

The apparent delay from DHL according to an agency rep I was talking to very late last week is due to them having to set up thier training team in the location where they are recruiting. (East Mids Hinckley area)
The ad I saw (with the £1500 handshake) was based at Alconbury I think.

ETA Oh and I wasn't suggesting for a moment that they are any good. Just reporting that they were panicking.

syrup

LE
Not sure if this has been reported here yet.
Wow....

I hope nobody applies

They were quick enough to hand their drivers to Stobart who promised it all on on the cheap paying the drivers £2.50 an hour less.
Looking at my local store they've gone from Stobart queuing up to anyone with a unit

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
As far as empty shelves go, weirdly it's only the Co-ops near me who have less crisps than usual. Everything else seems OK but it's early days.

As per usual though, the Media have made matters worse by reporting localised shortages nationally - I was in Morrisons at the weekend as guess which were the only products looking depleted?

Fecking pasta and bog roll... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tin foil hat time.

Since MSM tend to report every single bad financial story as "because of Brexit" and every single good financial story as "despite Brexit", could it be that by progagating fear of food shortages ends up being the main cause of it, thereby facilitating their original story?

Talk about manipulating the masses. Next they'll be making out this country has a widespread racism problem by constantly banging on about it to start a culture war..... Oh.

I would suggest that's about the same for anyone on store delivers
Problem with Aldi is they expect drivers delivering to their RDC's to do the same

You back on a bay
Get the keys to an electric pallet truck (if you can't handle an electric one it's a hand pallet ruck)
Tip your truck into a receiving bay.
Strip all the shrink wrap off and break down any part pallets so there are non e mixed when they check it.

It's chaos because everyone is racing round trying to tip their wagon as fast as possible so you're not waiting for a checker.

So they have the rules about handing keys in, drivers not to be in cab, then there's something like Piccadilly circus going on. Sounds like an accident waiting happen.

syrup

LE
So they have the rules about handing keys in, drivers not to be in cab, then there's something like Piccadilly circus going on. Sounds like an accident waiting happen.

It is mate I'm surprised there's no punch ups

I saw a guy knock over a lads stack of Tomato's while trying to manoeuvre into the next bay

Sound funny but it isn't means it all got to be restacked and someone has to account for the damages because Aldi aren't excepting squashed tomatoes.

Some of these places have 31-40 bays with driver crossing each other and banging into things surprised nobody get badly injured

Daz

LE
One firm is pulling all the stops out tying to attract pervs drivers
1625225360962.jpeg

Daz

LE
FFS, is this the 21st Century or the 1968 Motor Show? Some people don't help themselves.
I don't believe the ladies are up to the standards of the '68 model show ;)

It is mate I'm surprised there's no punch ups

I saw a guy knock over a lads stack of Tomato's while trying to manoeuvre into the next bay

Sound funny but it isn't means it all got to be restacked and someone has to account for the damages because Aldi aren't excepting squashed tomatoes.

Some of these places have 31-40 bays with driver crossing each other and banging into things surprised nobody get badly injured

Hence my previous post where I refused to use an electric truck. 95% of our deliveries were self tip with a hand pallet truck into small shops. On to a level loading bay was a luxury anyway.

As far as empty shelves go, weirdly it's only the Co-ops near me who have less crisps than usual. Everything else seems OK but it's early days.

As per usual though, the Media have made matters worse by reporting localised shortages nationally - I was in Morrisons at the weekend as guess which were the only products looking depleted?

Fecking pasta and bog roll... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tin foil hat time.

Since MSM tend to report every single bad financial story as "because of Brexit" and every single good financial story as "despite Brexit", could it be that by progagating fear of food shortages ends up being the main cause of it, thereby facilitating their original story?

Talk about manipulating the masses. Next they'll be making out this country has a widespread racism problem by constantly banging on about it to start a culture war..... Oh.

Similar thing happened back in 2000, when the Fuel Depots were being blockaded. The UK wasn't about to run out of fuel; deliveries were just much slower. But as soon as the media went Full Mad Max, there were massive lines of cars outside every PFS. At one point, ours was nose to tail from the petrol filling station for almost half a mile.

We sold out one Friday afternoon and shut the PFS down. Then some clown phoned a local radio station and claimed we'd just had a new delivery. Within an hour there were dozens of cars trying to get into the empty forecourt. You might think the fact that the shutters were down and all the lights turned off might have given them a hint, but no. :rolleyes:

Bottom line: as soon as rumours begin to spread about essential items becoming scarce, the populace's average IQ drops to around Thick as Sh1te in the Neck of a Bottle, to use the technical description.

Latest Threads