UK Transport Crisis?

Presumably the transferring from National to restricted is so the new guys don't need a managers CPC?

That is correct but not the reason I did it, the reason I did it was to take my name off the operator licences and free me up to leave.
Whether my replacement is qualified or not is a question for my employer.
The job description specifies a managers CPC but I suspect my replacement will be somebody who is a little more malleable than I am

That is correct but not the reason I did it, the reason I did it was to take my name off the operator licences and free me up to leave.
Whether my replacement is qualified or not is a question for my employer.
The job description specifies a managers CPC but I suspect my replacement will be somebody who is a little more malleable than I am
I went back a bit @jagman2 and I have to say you have been pretty good to your current employer, soon to be ex-.
I will always be the first to say you should never leave on bad terms, but it seems you are going above and beyond.

I went back a bit @jagman2 and I have to say you have been pretty good to your current employer, soon to be ex-.
I will always be the first to say you should never leave on bad terms, but it seems you are going above and beyond.
Nothing to do with you HGV bods, but a lifetime ago when I was doing 'normal' driving. I was advised to not under sell my self. If the going rate isn't paying your bills, furk aff and find a job that does. At the end of the day you are the one who has to pay your bills, not your boss.

And yet this week they dicking me around on my remaining holiday pay

They have asked me to use up my remaining three weeks (at their convenience) before I leave. It leaves a bit of a sour taste to be honest. All because they don't want to have to pay me for the unused time.
I'm out in a few more weeks and done with it, seems to be a long time overdue

From last year to recently

I mention this as the Sunday Telegraph
had this article

From last year to recently

I mention this as the Sunday Telegraph
had this article

Long overdue and a big step forward (or backwards seeing as rail parcel freight was once the norm)

In theory HS2 should free up a lot of capacity for rail freight too

And yet this week they dicking me around on my remaining holiday pay

They have asked me to use up my remaining three weeks (at their convenience) before I leave. It leaves a bit of a sour taste to be honest. All because they don't want to have to pay me for the unused time.
I'm out in a few more weeks and done with it, seems to be a long time overdue
Work phone off, personal phone on silent for those three weeks?

I have a meeting with my boss this morning.
I have just refused to cover any weekend shifts that are short, not taking holiday days during the week and working for free at weekends.....
Deep breath old son, The grass is considerably better ( stress wise) this side of the fence now.
ie.pertemps ( who were just a run of the mill shitty agency) are now paying for a full shift if the following days work on a weekend is cancelled the day before and they can’t scource another job.!

Deep breath old son, The grass is considerably better ( stress wise) this side of the fence now.
ie.pertemps ( who were just a run of the mill shitty agency) are now paying for a full shift if the following days work on a weekend is cancelled the day before and they can’t scource another job.!

To be honest its my employer that is burning bridges, not me.
My boss has expressed a desire of talking me in to coming back next year (I won't bore you with the details but he reckons he can change enough of the business culture to tempt me back) but if I'm honest the penny pinching and manipulation over holiday pay probably closes that door from my side

I've got 3 weeks and a bit to go. I can ride it out and depart on good terms but it doesn't have to be this bloody difficult.
After I'm gone I may be a bit more explicit about some of the real reasons I've bailed out but the best move I've made in years was to get my name off the O Licences

I have a meeting with my boss this morning.
I have just refused to cover any weekend shifts that are short, not taking holiday days during the week and working for free at weekends.....
And that’s where it gets incredibly frustrating, and you start wondering why you went above and beyond previously. Leaves a sour taste.

It’s like a break-up and your boss is the jilted wife - “how dare he be happy!!!” But it does remind you why you’re leaving.

I've got 3 weeks and a bit to go. I can ride it out and depart on good terms but it doesn't have to be this bloody difficult.
Hang on.
If you have three weeks to go, and three weeks leave owing, which they insist you cant carry over - surely you can leave now?

If that's your leave entitlement you are entitled to take it. It must be mutually agreed but they cannot legally stop you from taking it or must offer some form of compensation.

I had the same argument with a previous employer, they wouldn't budge until I mentioned ACAS...

Just remember, if you had died your job spot would be in the paper before your obituary...

syrup

LE
Not helpful but perhaps understandable.

Then Unions are jumping on the bandwagon but had they fought for their members over the years like they should have then wages would be at the point they are now anyway without massive pay rises
UNITE stood by as Tesco got shot of it's drivers to Stobart's and never squealed once while the influx of Eastern Europeans kept the wages down.

They are strutting about now like the big man demanding this and that for their members when they were as complicit as the hauliers in keeping rates low in the first place

@jagman2 sound familiar?

dm.PNG

Long overdue and a big step forward (or backwards seeing as rail parcel freight was once the norm)....

That was back in the worst days of BR and ISTR it was all wound down before privatisation. It should work a lot better today with more of a "can do" attitude in the style of Amazon etc.