UK Transport Crisis?

Truxx

LE
I don't mind CF's to be honest, if I go for it I'll just buy something on a 2 year lifespan. I'll even go iveco if I have to

VAT and tax can all work to my advantage the only real questions are I can raise enough startup money and crucially, do I really want to
If I decide to go for it I'll go all in, just need to make sure first
Not afraid of hard work but if I'm going to go in to debt to do it then there gas to be a return on it
Never trust a truck with a window in a window....

syrup

LE
The paper we dare not mention calling out Rod McKenzie and the RHA for manufacturing the fuel crises with their scare mongering
Some we on here and in the industry saw straight through at the time.

Hopefully this will lead to a backlash against the RHA in general

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
The paper we dare not mention calling out Rod McKenzie and the RHA for manufacturing the fuel crises with their scare mongering
Some we on here and n the industry saw straight through at the time.

My understanding is that they no longer have unfettered access to DfT.

Some we on here and n the industry saw straight through at the time.

My understanding is that they no longer have unfettered access to DfT.
Bit of a problem for a lobbying organisation.
Nothing less than they deserve to be truthful

What wonderful news. The RHA deserves everything returned tenfold that it has sown, over the years.

stuskimac

Old-Salt
DVLA must of got there act together, got my licence back after a renewel with medical, only took 3 & 1/2 weeks from me posting it off & returned again. One thing though, they've given me another 5 year before my next renewel/medical which will be before my 56th birthday, I defered my medical last year due to Covid & thought I'd only get 4 years before the next. I thought it was a hard & fast rule to have an LGV medical at 45,50,55,60 & finally 65 & every year after?

Truxx

LE
DVLA must of got there act together, got my licence back after a renewel with medical, only took 3 & 1/2 weeks from me posting it off & returned again. One thing though, they've given me another 5 year before my next renewel/medical which will be before my 56th birthday, I defered my medical last year due to Covid & thought I'd only get 4 years before the next. I thought it was a hard & fast rule to have an LGV medical at 45,50,55,60 & finally 65 & every year after?
DVLA have had a massive gripping apparently.

Having had one they cleared a 40,000 backlog in just under 3 weeks.

Another key task that the RHA failed to put on their To Do list (grip DVLA)

syrup

LE
DVLA have had a massive gripping apparently.

Having had one they cleared a 40,000 backlog in just under 3 weeks.

Another key task that the RHA failed to put on their To Do list (grip DVLA)

That's because the RHA didn't want the backlog cleared

They wanted to import oven ready drivers willing to work for £9.50 per hour with licenses to keep their multi millionaire hauliers happy and wages low.

It's blown up in the RHA's face yet they still try to claim the credit for wage increases and better conditions

Truxx

LE
That's because the RHA didn't want the backlog cleared

They wanted to import oven ready drivers willing to work for £9.50 per hour with licenses to keep their multi millionaire hauliers happy and wages low.

It's blown up in the RHA's face yet they still try to claim the credit for wage increases and better conditions
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin one

Some poor sod of a squaddie will be having a meeting without refreshments in the AM.
I was following one of those MAN 6 Tonners in the middle lane earlier, when he decided to drift back into lane 1, wiping out a civvie truck in the process. Seeing as it was obviously his fault, I saw nothing.
If the driver of NH xx AB reads this, my lips are sealed old bean!

Anything north of Stirling is deemed Highlands and Islands when it comes to extra charges …
i know that GISTs drivers based at Cumbernauld are kicking over the traces at management trying to roster the runs to the frozen north along with the normal delivery runs.
( it’s much more akin to a long days trunking down south I’m told, with no wiggle room if anything at all goes pear shaped)
non of them look forward to “ surprise” nights out for basic pay rates I’m informed.

syrup

LE
Some poor sod of a squaddie will be having a meeting without refreshments in the AM.
I was following one of those MAN 6 Tonners in the middle lane earlier, when he decided to drift back into lane 1, wiping out a civvie truck in the process. Seeing as it was obviously his fault, I saw nothing.
If the driver of NH xx AB reads this, my lips are sealed old bean!

Then again if his boss is reading this you've just grassed him up.

i know that GISTs drivers based at Cumbernauld are kicking over the traces at management trying to roster the runs to the frozen north along with the normal delivery runs.
( it’s much more akin to a long days trunking down south I’m told, with no wiggle room if anything at all goes pear shaped)
non of them look forward to “ surprise” nights out for basic pay rates I’m informed.

Highland hospitality was exposed with the influx of tourism. Until the A9 is dual carriage all the way to John O Groats nothing will improve

Latest Threads