UK Transport Crisis?

Cambridgeshire county council, has a park and ride site on the outskirts of Cambridge, which was destined to close (don’t know if it had), so I enquired if the possibility of using the land for HGV parking? Got told told that local residents might not like the idea?

the largest group of nearby ‘residents’ was a large community of illegal traveller.
Well there wouldn't be many "goods" left come the morning then.

I think he might have been being a bit sarky. Also he must have been a bit of a lightweight because he did not have his elbow out of the window at the time.
Wasn't smoking a roll up neither.

Wasn't smoking a roll up neither.

One fo the skills I have had to re-teach myself is the art of steering an artic whilst rolling a fag one handed.
I'm clearly out of practice.........

VQ8qydL.gif

Last edited:

cymraeg

War Hero
Just about to purchase a pair with wireless connection, night vision capability, 120 degree field of vision and recording facility - about 70 quid for the complete kit.
I’ve got a pair of wireless IR colour ones for £65.00
fitted to my new aeroplane moving trailer,One rear facing in the blind spot and one forward facing inside the trailer so I can see if anything expensive is making a bid for freedom.
terrific bits of kit.

Truxx

LE
That's what VOSA need to be doing at roadside checks.

Check the ashtrays.

If they are stuffed with matches burned down to the last 3/16 inch they can reliably say pass driver, for you are a true Knight of the road.

One fo the skills I have had to re-teach myself is the art of steering an artic whilst rolling a fag one handed.
I'm clearly out of practice.........

VQ8qydL.gif

A couple of cable ties and that will be good as new.

They possibly have been reading ARRSE!

I firmly believe that somebody there does, along with more than the odd journalist.

It is notable that discussions on Arrse (and the haulage threads in particular) to seem to precede comment in some of the papers and Whitehall
I don't know to what degree but it is not uncommon that things discussed here are discussed elsewhere within a few days.
Of course it could simply be that an Arrser or two has connections in the right places. Certainly not me however, I only have connections in the very lowest of places (even lower than politicians)

Truxx

LE
I firmly believe that somebody there does, along with more than the odd journalist.

It is notable that discussions on Arrse (and the haulage threads in particular) to seem to precede comment in some of the papers and Whitehall
I don't know to what degree but it is not uncommon that things discussed here are discussed elsewhere within a few days.
Of course it could simply be that an Arrser or two has connections in the right places. Certainly not me however, I only have connections in the very lowest of places (even lower than politicians)
Lower than a snakes ass in a wagon rut as our colonial cousins are inclined to say...