UK Trailer for Paul Verhoevens new WWII Thriller

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Potential, Aug 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here's the trailer for the new WWII thriller from Paul Verhoeven (Basic Instict, Starship Troopers). Its the only version I've been able to find so far with some English subtitling but it gives the general idea!!

Zwartboek - its called Blackbook in English and is being released here in the Netherlands on 14th September - don't know what the plans for it are in the UK.

The basic plot line is...
    Set during the end of WWII, Black Book is the story of a German Jewish girl who narrowly survives the war in Holland. She joins the resistance to find out who betrayed her family after all of them were killed in an attempt to reach the liberated south.

And an extra usless fact - I'm in the scene where the redhead in the purple dress is sitting on a table surrounded by SS.
  2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I was just saying to a colleague today in a conversation about paintball why I didn't like war films. It basically went along the lines of 'Never point a gun at anyone even in jest', so I guess watching people shot is six degrees away from breaking that rule. However, I have to say this looks excellent and I will have to remember to watch it.
  3. Potential many thanks for the heads up
  4. The official Blackbook (Zwartboek) trailer is now available online with English subtitles!!

Media Player
  5. You forgot to mention Showgirls (not to mention Robocop, Hollow Man and Total Recall). So, in keeping his body of work in mind we can be safe in the knowledge that this, in all probability, isn't going to be any Schindler's List. Accordingly, the obvious question that follows becomes:

Any flange?
  6. -I didnt know you were a RedHead? :lol:
  7. Haha!! You obviously haven't spotted me yet then!!

There is the standard amount of Verhoeven bare flesh (both male and female) and you do get to see the leading lady peroxiding her pubes if that interests you at all?

Its a pretty good film really - you don't actually get down to the real bad guys until the last 20 minutes of the film and it gives other perspectives on standard stereotypes ie. all Germans were total b*stards and that all resistance were good people. Any more info it'd spoil the film for you!
  8. Too late. The trailer pretty much told all.