UK to take Gitmo Detainees to save Mr Obama Embarrassment?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by uncle_vanya, Jan 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has our wonderful Neues Liebore Guovernment taken leave of its senses... yet again?

Britain is preparing to receive foreign terror suspects from Guantánamo Bay so that Barack Obama can shut it down, The Times has learnt.

Government sources say that Britain now supports moves to rehouse the detainees, despite previous refusals to help President Bush.

A Downing Street official said that a process to deal with the detainees was being put in place and that decisions “would be for the Home Secretary to decide on a case-by-case basis”.

The issue is the subject of intense negotiations within Whitehall. The Foreign Office appears much keener on the idea than other departments, which will have to deal with the suspects’ immigration status and whether they will need special housing and cash benefits. Having foreign terror suspects with no links to the UK housed here inevitably will provoke controversy

Why the heck should we in the UK take part or all of the 600 or so Guantanamo detainees just to save the US government and incoming President Elect face? This was a US problem, they should resolve it if they truly want to close down Gitmo.

It is almost as if our Dear Leader, Pa Broone want the UK Citizenry to take on board the 'Collective Guilt' of not only the US, but everybody else invoved in Gitmo. Maybe Pa Broone want to show the World that we really do have 'Rocks in Our Heads'.....

Or are we really the 'Refugee Centre' and 'Social Security Office' of the World? if Missy Jacqui our Home Secretary has anything to do with this, all 600 or so Detainees will be allowed into the UK along with their families, Friends, unlce, ainties and perhaps Uncle Sammy Bin Liner as well!!

Pa Broone just wants to enhance his 'World Image' at the expense of the rest of us lot - what a bunch of crap merchants we have runing this country.

Maybe he is in the pocess of 'brown nosing' the new President, after all Pa Broone, like Teflon Tony B'Liar before him, will need a new job in the next 18 months or so..... :?
  2. Why on earth do we want this assortment of dross inside OUR borders?

Let the Americans sort it out, they opened the place.

As said above, they´ll probably ALL end up claiming asylum and staying here. To kill us or at the very least hate us.
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Oh, here it is.

Fcuking right it will. This is a case of Liabour slapping the average man in the face, then kicking him in the nadgers afterwards.

We are heaving with illegals, failed asylum seekers, economic migrants and with a rising level of unemployment coupled with a failing economy. There are conservatively 2,000 active plots of terrorism being planned (most likely doubled up to 4,000) - this from MI5 - within the UK, and we have decided to take more of these fcukers in...

Ones the Septics decided to incarcerate, deny rights to and basically treat them in contravention of basic human rights standards (our ones), according to 'Do gooders internation'.

How the fcuk are they our problem?

4. First class, one way on the outrage bus please!
  5. Happy New Year! Might be some problem with the maths here:

According to the story link provided by Command_Doh:

The story also says that other EU countries are considering the US request.
  6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

One is too many. We all know the U.S. have enjoyed depriving these fine folk of their freedoms for the past 7/8 years, but even cynical old me can't believe that the leftovers of Gitmo are all farmer or 'tourists on pilgrimage, accidentally crossed the Pakistani border and was "kidnapped"'

Just like they considered being part of Herric? And laughed in Uncle Sam's face. There are a lot of token gesture Forces in Afghanistan as we all know (Remember the Danes and Germans with their impossibly complicated rules of engagement?), and many of our 'United States of Europe' brothers wouldn't even give the Septics the time of day over the issue. I can't see much interest in this initiative from the Euro zone, and rightly so.

We are the only mugs who take it fully up the pooper on behalf of 'Big Daddy U.S.', mistakenly believing we actually get something out of the so called special relationship.
  7. Danes "token gesture Forces in Afghanistan"???

I just wanted to challenge that comment. Also likely to be wrong on ROE, but that is not a discussion for the public domain.

Back to topic.

PS for completeness - 4 Jan 08:

There are several references to Danes in Helmand in a piece by Mick Smith in today's Sunday Times. LINK - 'Taliban bases fall after major offensive'

Congratulations to the British and other forces which took part in Op Sond Chara (Red Dagger).
  8. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

America will take from us what we offer, laugh, and go its own sweet way. Don't imagine for one moment that the US Govt thinks it has a duty of care to the UK. There will be nothing back for sucking up to the marvellous miraculous, all-wise Obama. Next thing, Gordon Mugabe will use Lottery money to put a statue of Obama on the spare plinth in Trafalgar Square.
  9. After nearly a decade of being tortured by the yanks, those nutters are going to be a teensy bit aggrieved. Give them a damp council house in Bradford and it might be the straw that broke the camel's back! Ker-boom!
  10. Oh, fantastic; we don't have enough Islamo-facistis already, we have to start IMPORTING the cnuts?! 8O

The Spooks and Plod will fcuking love this! :roll:
  11. Just wait till they find out that the pound is worth f*** all! Hopefully they'll take their business elsewhere! :lol:
  12. :twisted: why didnt the stupid yanks just torture the twats somewhere quiet and drop the bodies in the ocean.

those people are going to be the biggest recruitment campaign the hankyheads have dreamed of.

this is what the infidel does come join jihad! i wonder if that will be the headline in the daily teleban

just like bloody sunday was for the ira :twisted:
  13. I don't believe it.
    I hope this Obama guy turns out to be really really useful as a President.
    And not the Con of the naughties.
  14. Maybe it's because it's too early on NY Day and I'm a tad hung over, but I'm confused. I thought now that we had elected The One, everyone would love us and things would be peachy lovely between us and allllll the rest of the world, and even Al Quaeda would stop wanting to chop Americans' heads off and blow up our skyscrapers. No? Wow, I must have missed a memo somewhere. :roll:
  15. You couldn't make it up!.

Even for Liarbore this is going too far.How long before Crabair are tasked with sending a C-17A to Cuba to pick then up?.

If theyr'e let in,hopefully they will be housed together in somewhere like Tipton and if our friends in Tel Aviv have some spare bombs left after flattening Gaza,perhaps they could do the same for Tipton,or wherever they end up.

My new year's wish?.That come this time next year,Liarbore have been swept from power,hopefully for good.