UK to send armoured vehicles to Syrian opposition.

Just read this on the beeb

BBC News - UK to send armoured vehicles to Syrian opposition

So how does this work then? What particular vehicles are we talking exactly?

And if a flat bed pick up truck can be fitted with a 50 cal then would it be that difficult to turn these "non combat" armoured vehicles into slightly more combative vehicles?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
well we aren't allowed to send anything equipped for fighting so as mentioned elsewhere that leaves snatch vixen panther etc..

lots of kit which will probably get sold to the turks to buy guns.

Oh, goody. Now the Islamists can slaughter all opposition from the comfort of purpose-built armoured vehicles, secure in the knowledge that we're turning yet another blind eye to inconvenient reality.

I think that we should give them nukes as well, so that when the jihadists have done with Assad they can vaporise Israel and the West afterwards.

Schaden

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
I'll not be surprised if the Gov allows itself to be sued by some Syrian who was issued with some dodgy body armour and made to drive around in a snatch landrover which has caused him to suffer ptsd.

Amazing - the government WON'T support our own military but is happy to give kit away to the oh so responsible and rational muslims who are busy slaughtering each other...

I'll bet some of this kit ends up being used against us at some point in the future...

Cameron and Hague really are fools of the highest order. What part of "it's nothing to do with us" do they not understand?

Rodney2q

Amazing - the government WON'T support our own military but is happy to give kit away to the oh so responsible and rational muslims who are busy slaughtering each other...

I'll bet some of this kit ends up being used against us at some point in the future...

Cameron and Hague really are fools of the highest order. What part of "it's nothing to do with us" do they not understand?

Rodney2q
Are you not aware that we have "a moral authority" to help?

How dreadfully uncharitable of you.

Expensive mission creep gaining pace.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
why don't they ship a few back here to train up like we did massoods lot.

Because the Russians and Chinese are backing Assad and the FO has backed the wrong bloody horse AGAIN.
You'd think someone would remember that the last time we were on the same side as the Russki's we kicked the shite out of the Germans. With the Russians AND the Chinese onside we'd be like a little kid with the two psycho big brothers...

Then Hague could big time it a bit...

Rodney2q

Since the 'popular uprising' has been going on for so long, would it be churlish of me to suggest it is not actually that popular, despite having the oldest refugee (105yrs) or indeed that the actual people who live there rather than Islington, couldn't give a flying foxtrot about the government>

How about the UK winds its neck in and leaves the colonial masters Turkey/France to sort it out?

We have neither the troops or the cash to get involved. Syria's problem, let them deal with it. I have enough trouble with the other foreign tongues in the UK without adding another bunch of scrouging refugees to the queue at the UK 'gimme' counter.

Your country, your problem. In the meantime talk to Paris.

You'd think someone would remember that the last time we were on the same side as the Russki's we kicked the shite out of the Germans. With the Russians AND the Chinese onside we'd be like a little kid with the two psycho big brothers...

Then Hague could big time it a bit...

Rodney2q
Yeah who won the peace that time? Ye gods they might be calling on the cold war warriors again.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I want to see the Saxons roll.