UK to buy JLTV (Joint Light Tactical Vehicle)?

To be fair for us, like the US, we have Oshkosh products in service now. The JLTV drive train actually shares the same one (TAK 4) as the CST. So certainly REME guys have experience of working with Oshkosh UK.

To be fair for us, like the US, we have Oshkosh products in service now. The JLTV drive train actually shares the same one (TAK 4) as the CST. So certainly REME guys have experience of working with Oshkosh UK.
I'm surprised that we've not gone the whole hog and got our troopies dressed up in larger versions of clothing from this company:

OshKosh B'gosh - Wikipedia

Not sure if people have seen this.

Suggest heavy maintenance, however in the comments its suggested that the way we view maintenance in the British Army is very different to the way the DOD do.

I'm sure I read on this thread that alot of vehicles are maintain by contractors or JLTV would be a nightmare for the US while we will always have LADs and decently well trained Crews.

On a further note, people trying to push the jackal/coyote as a alternative. I personally would disagree, the roll angle is a joke and a few lads have been killed while serving on them. Isn't the whole fleet not VOR?

Not sure if people have seen this.

Suggest heavy maintenance, however in the comments its suggested that the way we view maintenance in the British Army is very different to the way the DOD do.

I'm sure I read on this thread that alot of vehicles are maintain by contractors or JLTV would be a nightmare for the US while we will always have LADs and decently well trained Crews.

On a further note, people trying to push the jackal/coyote as a alternative. I personally would disagree, the roll angle is a joke and a few lads have been killed while serving on them. Isn't the whole fleet not VOR?
contractors a plenty in us dod.

Met them in a fob in Afghanistan setting up comms... The 'tech marines' were next to useless.

the usmc cdr and rsm were amazed I just programmed a voip conference phone for use on their nipr/sipr. Can't remember which.

mind you they did replace my five man team with about 12 blokes, and a few more. My ed stripped a local generator and rebuilt it, they couldn't even keep it fuelled (we'll skip the servicing).

Man the equipment or equip the man.

contractors a plenty in us dod.

Met them in a fob in Afghanistan setting up comms... The 'tech marines' were next to useless.

the usmc cdr and rsm were amazed I just programmed a voip conference phone for use on their nipr/sipr. Can't remember which.

mind you they did replace my five man team with about 12 blokes, and a few more. My ed stripped a local generator and rebuilt it, they couldn't even keep it fuelled (we'll skip the servicing).

Man the equipment or equip the man.
Cant agree more, I bet changing the tyre is a 'level 2' job that requires a contractor as its self inflating, requires calibration and needs someone not to destroy the valve.

I've just read 90% of this thread, it seems all the vehicle's our glorious leaders have purchased, since the demise of the Snatch Landie have not been up to scratch.
What with Coyotes rolling or being seriously damaged by IEDs with resulting deaths or serious injuries.
The Panther (what I've never seen) is cramped unreliable and unwanted.
This new Oshcosh thing is it any good? Is it what we want?
I'm just wondering, why do these things have to be so complicated and unsquaddie proof.
Do the people who design these things, ever ask Combat Veterans what they need?

I've just read 90% of this thread, it seems all the vehicle's our glorious leaders have purchased, since the demise of the Snatch Landie have not been up to scratch.
What with Coyotes rolling or being seriously damaged by IEDs with resulting deaths or serious injuries.
The Panther (what I've never seen) is cramped unreliable and unwanted.
This new Oshcosh thing is it any good? Is it what we want?
I'm just wondering, why do these things have to be so complicated and unsquaddie proof.
Do the people who design these things, ever ask Combat Veterans what they need?
Given how many ex-forces go to defence contractors, the suitability and quality of products plus the speed of delivery is not entirely what one expects.