UK Terror Threat Level Is Downgraded

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Punk_trooper, Jul 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Because Afghanistan has made the UK unsafe and DIRECTLY affects our safety. Thats why we HAVE to spend countless lives and cash in that sh1t hole wasting our time, soldiers and money.

How will ZanuNL reply to that then - surely the level should stay the same or be worse if we are fighting an endless 'war on terror'?

2. Why can we just use colours like the septics, it seems if it goes above moderate, were all gonna die?

critical - an attack is expected imminently
    severe - an attack is highly likely
    substantial - an attack is a strong possibility
    moderate - an attack is possible but not likely
    low - an attack is unlikely

3. Well, surely the response would be "It's working"?

4. The real threat hasn't gone down. Instead, to avoid 'alert fatigue', the Govt has decided that the current level of threat is now the norm. This means that instead of only having the 'oh shite, we're all doomed' level left, we now have two levels of panic available. Which will come in oh so useful once the Olympics starts to ramp up in three years time, but is really only a pathetic piece of spin to try and show that NULab have managed to control the terror threat before next year's elections.
    Of course, given Gordy's natural level of disaster-attraction, I'd keep away from any public transport for the next week or so. I suspect some giggling halfwit is assembling an exploding luggage set as I type...

Hector

5. This is Gordon we're talking about; I would'nt be surprised if AQ bring a suitcase full of Instant Sunshine to London... 8O