UK supplied arms to Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tazzers, Aug 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

There was an article in the UK press a few months back that said that Tornados were being employed to attack targets in the Yemen, most likely too as the Tornado is the RSAF's main Strike Aircraft.

I'll go see if I can find a linkie

2. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

3. Amnesty lost the plot when they went down the pro-life path and are now run (atleast at a student level) by militant jihadis.

Thanks for the free publicity for British military exports though!

4. Does it really matter if the Saudis are slaughtering their neighbouring goat herders with Tornados or F-15's?

Coming next on master on the obvious news! Warplanes are bought for doing warry stuff like killing people and breaking things!

5. **** , I answered B. B) Used to politely, and in a culturally sensitive manner, ask the bad men to stop doing naughty things.

6. No, the more they kill of each other now, the less someone will have to later on.......Too harsh?

7. So the Saudis have the audacity to use weapons to defend themselves against attack from an armed, and unpleasant insurrection?

I am shocked and appalled. I thought the whole world except Britain, the US and the nasty Saudis existed on peace and love.

What planet are these people on?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

FFS we dont flog them just to get warranty sales do we, we flog weapons to ensure that old stuff is used up and any new innovations can be tested by others before we need them!

9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

It's never been a secret that they have Tornado they used them on Granby to bomb Iraq
    They used to refuel at Akrotiri when they were transiting from the UK to Saudi in the 90's
    British crews as well

Don't we provide a list of who we'd like them not to attack when we sell kit to people?

10. Jim they are on a planet where there growing base membership directly supports the extremist Islamic insurrection....

11. They were certainly bombing the Yemen in the late 60's with BAe Strikemasters and Lightnings (modified for ground attack). Not a big fuss then

12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I wasn't aware that "UK supplied aircraft" were sentient beings. "UK supplied aircraft" can't do anything by themselves.

The aircraft were flown by Saudis, in defence of Saudis, at the behest of Saudis.

Complete non-story.

13. So what their war planes, what did you think they bought them for crop spraying?