UK soldiers swear false allegiance

When you 'take the Queen's shilling' you swear an oath etc to QEII.

Except she's not the II, she's the First. She is QE First of Great Britain, and the First of Scotland. She is the Second of England but that is not Britain, only one part of it.

Shame on the Scots who joined up to QEII and didn't know that this was a false declaration they made. Shame on the Welsh and N. Irish too.

When England came under the Scottish Crown in 1603 the King was James VI, and also the First of Britain. So let's keeep it right - now it's QE I.

Change those cap badges, dummies!

If you're going to cut and paste something absolutely stupid, at least get your facts right. Why should the Welsh be shamed? The Union Act came into force before Elizabeth I reign so she was also Elizabeth I of Wales and the current Elizabeth II is correct.
Oh, and you're a sock puppet.

Except she's not the II, she's the First. She is QE First of Great Britain, and the First of Scotland. She is the Second of England but that is not Britain, only one part of it.

Shame on the Scots who joined up to QEII and didn't know that this was a false declaration they made. Shame on the Welsh and N. Irish too.

When England came under the Scottish Crown in 1603 the King was James VI, and also the First of Britain. So let's keeep it right - now it's QE I.

Are you really, actually that retarded?

Please kill yourself

Have you ever read the oath?

I doubt very much if you have ever taken it but have you at least read the wording?

Please kill yourself

Do people taking the oath not know who it refers to?

It is not, legally, a false declaration.

How dare you say shame on Scots, Welsh and N Irish serving in HM Forces.

You pedantic turd.

You utter cock.

And the ignore list grows by one more.

If you're going to cut and paste something absolutely stupid, at least get your facts right. Why should the Welsh be shamed? The Union Act came into force before Elizabeth I reign so she was also Elizabeth I of Wales and the current Elizabeth II is correct.
Oh, and you're a sock puppet.
You sad twat. The Act of Union of Crowns was in 1603. The Union of Parliaments was 1707. The Welsh were occupied by the English for a very long time before that.

Latest Threads