• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

UK Soldiers have Murder Charges Dropped

The 7 UK Soldiers who were facing a murder trial for the death of an Iraqi citizen have had their cases dropped through lack of evidence.

No story link at present....

(am I getting the scoops today - or what?)

You're on fire Doc.

Well if it's confirmed, it's good news. Have the Sun reported it then?

Fantastic. I eagerly await 'Drug fueled Para murder case collapses after witness intimidation scandle' in tomorrows Scum.

E

error_unknown

Chuffed to bits, I hope the guys are so traumatised by this event they sue the MOD for compensation and spend the money on prostitutes. Another show trial bites the dust!

a top bunch, now a couple personaly, one no longer in due to this "farce". as Herrenbloke says, check your grid, re adjust and fire into the liberal pacifist w@@@@@s who tried to screw them for another step up the ladder. Airborne Justice

Excellant news indeed!!
Whats the bet that at least one headline from the tabloids will contain the phrase'shock and horror at collapse of case'

E

error_unknown

I wonder how many Millions it cost to get it this far? Money that could have been spent on Cluster bombs...

sun editor banged up paras free and an arrsse piss up tonite can this day get any better :lol:

E

error_unknown

BBC website says trial cost £10 Million with $1000 dollars a day being paid to witnesses. Now why didn't I think of being a witness. I wasn't there at the time but that didn't seem to stop any of the Iraqi witnesses!! To quote Blackadder "I love a fair trial!"

Herrenbloke said:
I wonder how many Millions it cost to get it this far? Money that could have been spent on Cluster bombs...
Quoted as costing us, the taxpayers, £10 million :evil:

still some fat-cat lawyer will be on the pissh tonight down Chelsea

So why did it get this far? BBC quoted some one as saying questions have to be asked and answered......damn right, but who will take the flak????

And the chain of command line ...... it's all jolly good as we can show that our system is fair etc.... Never mind the damage done to 7 innocent soldiers forced to go through a 2 month Court Martial after 2 years of investigations.

It is a good news for the soldiers, for their relatives and I congratulate them - all troubles are over.

However I guess that image of British justice has been damaged.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4403264.stm

Gilbert Blades, the solicitor defending one of the men, said the failure in the case was that there was no proper investigation into what happened.
"This case wasn't properly investigated."
10mln. Pounds were spent - huge money. So how much detailed investigation would require? So British justice is inefficient and too expensive.

No this means that in future sh1theads like Phil Shiner will brief the Iraqi witness's better. The liberal media and social workers will see it as the Para reg getting away with it. If the RMP are responsible due to being crap at investigations, and there is a big lobby who will say yes, we may see even worse situations in future. Civilian investigators next?

This was a farce from the start, who was the guiding force behind this? Arrsers somewhere will know.

Int on this thread

Latest Threads