UK soldier dies in Afghan blast

UK soldier dies in Afghan blast
The ministry added that the man's family had been informed but had asked that no more details be released.

It said the soldier was patrolling on foot in Musa Qala, Helmand, when he was caught in an explosion and "tragically" died. No one else was injured.

His death brings the number of UK troops killed in operations in the country since 2001, to 95.

An spokesman said the MoD would not provide further updates "in line with the wishes of the family, who are in our thoughts at this difficult time."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7409246.stm

RIP

Ne Obliviscaris.

RIP, soldier. You're next RV is Valhalla.

Condolances to family and friends.

It takes the total killed to 96, not 95. And just out of interest, why is the word tragically in quotation marks? Is there some dispute as to whether the death of a British soldier is tragic?

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP soldier. You gave everything that you could to your country. I hope the country pays its debts.

My condolences for the family.

RIP

thoughts as always are with friends and family.

wedge35 said:
It takes the total killed to 96, not 95. And just out of interest, why is the word tragically in quotation marks? Is there some dispute as to whether the death of a British soldier is tragic?
Not from me. Nor, I suspect, any other member on this site. But that is something perhaps best discussed on another Thread.

Rest In Peace, soldier. Condolances to Family and Friends.

"But the high company of Heros shall forever be his, in Valhalla."

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Such a waste. R.I.P.