UK should have own astronauts

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Apr 21, 2006.

1. The UK is not sufficiently wealthy

2. British science in not developed

0 vote(s)
  3. The UK unfit technologically

4. The main cause is an absence of political will.

5. There is no need in own space program at all.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. not only should the UK have its own astronauts, but should also have a space exploration program of its own, possibly in conjunction with other commonwealth nations like Australia and India.
  2. Surely those Space Cadets in Downing Street 10 and 11 count??
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Bullocks! You beat me to it! :lol:
  4. We did, we just decided it wasn't worth the money.
  5. A British mission to the sun would be good.

Stick a rocket under the Commons chamber and shoot the thing there - would need to go off at Prime Minister's Questions as that's the only time all the lazy c*nts are there.
  6. But only at night of course
  7. I'm sure the people regularly falling downstairs because of no hip operations will be ectstatic that HMG can explore Uranus.

And think what that would do to the defence budget.
  8. Bliar already is - Well, his head has been stuck up his own for long enough...
  9. would have been an astronaut.................. had my dad had pulled out & shot into space in time 8O 8O 8O 8O
  10. by increasing VAT on cheap 'white lightning' type ciders from 17.5% to 25% there will be enough cash for all our grannies hip replacments as well as a moon base.
  11. It all went downhill after Blue Streak was cancelled..very sad.
  12. If you drink enough of it you can be on your own personal moon base at no extra cost to HMG. And if granny drinks enough of it she won't need her hip replacement either. It's just a bit difficult on re-entry with a zimmer frame.
  13. Sergey!

I think you should worry about your own problems before pointing that dazzling intellect at UK PLC (as usual)!

Click here to read the ARRSE thread already running... seems you have more than enough problems with funding and so forth?
  14. Darth_Doctrinus!

The UK is the only country - a permanent member of UNCS that hasn't own space program. Taking into account that space technologies are very important from military point of view, I believe that my question at least is not senseless.

So I wait for your comments...

Your argument that other countries have own real or imaginary problems is reasonable. Maybe it is in fact your answer? Maybe you mean that the UK has so many other problems that it hasn't resources for space program?