UK product supply issues.

Talking to both a well respected Indie garage & my local Main Dealer today for both myself and 3RD party I'm assisting, or trying to.
It appears various "just in time" vehicle supplies are getting difficult to include specific uni-directional tyres. CATs as well. Basically name a component & keep your fingers crossed. Mazda UK seems to get most of it's consumer durables & service items from Europe.
This chap I'm trying to assist went for an upgrade alloy/tyre option pack at point of order months back, but he's had an unrepairable puncture. Clearly, there is no fulltime spare these days but nobody can find a rear offside on a car with 1600 miles on. This means...he's going to have to fit two new rears of a different type to keep the balance and handling intact as far as possible to which our cars are hyper sensitive.
Also, diamond-cut alloys have a habit of losing the forward facing spoke-edges paint, are subject to a warranty exchange, except these are also made of "unobtainium". That's the rapidly emerging tip of the iceberg. I think I read Nissan closed a production facility as they cannot get bits to carry on.
Another local dealership at the prestige high-end expect to have difficulty in simply servicing cars etc.
From what I'm told by the trade and according to others in the 7,500 OC membership by their local Main Dealers & Indies it's a toxic combination of B-exit paperwork, and Covid both hitting infrastructures.
I need an autobox O'drive Nippon Denso sensor from Hiroshima @£130.00 for my 27 years old Roadster or I'm stuck with 3 gears which OK urban, but the O'drive kicks in at 34mph (oddly but it's JDM) so dual carriage ways etc are not on.
Not great.....

Last edited:

cymraeg

War Hero
When I had my auto pajero a few years ago my od sensor went. As most Japanese stuff of that era is negatively switched I just ran an extra wire from the sensor plug to a good earth on the body until the new part turned up. Just be careful until its warmed up as it can put extra strain on the drive train when cold.

Nothing yet about the supply of twigs, has anyone had their house full of twigs yet or has the promised shortages caused by Brexit materialised?

After the armageddon that we were promised, the most i have read about is a customs bloke in Holland confiscating a ham sandwich.
Can you not buy sandwiches on the continent anymore?

When I had my auto pajero a few years ago my od sensor went. As most Japanese stuff of that era is negatively switched I just ran an extra wire from the sensor plug to a good earth on the body until the new part turned up. Just be careful until its warmed up as it can put extra strain on the drive train when cold.
Interesting.
On my car, the auto ECU is connected to the mill's, and until the temp is up...eg the thermo has opened & you get heat into the cab, it actually won't engage 3rd never mind O/d.....something to do with JDM emissions.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
After the armageddon that we were promised, the most i have read about is a customs bloke in Holland confiscating a ham sandwich.
Can you not buy sandwiches on the continent anymore?
Further to that, I believe it had Colman’s mustard on it, a delicacy rarely found abroad.

Talking to both a well respected Indie garage & my local Main Dealer today for both myself and 3RD party I'm assisting, or trying to.
It appears various "just in time" vehicle supplies are getting difficult to include specific uni-directional tyres. CATs as well. Basically name a component & keep your fingers crossed. Mazda UK seems to get most of it's consumer durables & service items from Europe.
This chap I'm trying to assist went for an upgrade alloy/tyre option pack at point of order months back, but he's had an unrepairable puncture. Clearly, there is no fulltime spare these days but nobody can find a rear offside on a car with 1600 miles on. This means...he's going to have to fit two new rears of a different type to keep the balance and handling intact as far as possible to which our cars are hyper sensitive.
Also, diamond-cut alloys have a habit of losing the forward facing spoke-edges paint, are subject to a warranty exchange, except these are also made of "unobtainium". That's the rapidly emerging tip of the iceberg. I think I read Nissan closed a production facility as they cannot get bits to carry on.
Another local dealership at the prestige high-end expect to have difficulty in simply servicing cars etc.
From what I'm told by the trade and according to others in the 7,500 OC membership by their local Main Dealers & Indies it's a toxic combination of B-exit paperwork, and Covid both hitting infrastructures.
I need an autobox O'drive Nippon Denso sensor from Hiroshima @£130.00 for my 27 years old Roadster or I'm stuck with 3 gears which OK urban, but the O'drive kicks in at 34mph (oddly but it's JDM) so dual carriage ways etc are not on.
Not great.....
This isn’t about over the road vehicles, but spares all the same. On this side of the pond Kubota and many of the other ag tractor dealers warned in May last year a shortage of spares was on the horizon and be prepared to wait. I ordered 2 filters in November and they’re still not here, the supply chain around the world is still lagging with no end in site.

Sainsbury's this morning had a distinct lack of fresh veg. The frozen veg was also sparse.

Which would presumably be the norm for residents of Scotland, who think the veg in a deep fried doner kebab counts as their five a day

Spartak1st

Old-Salt
This isn’t about over the road vehicles, but spares all the same. On this side of the pond Kubota and many of the other ag tractor dealers warned in May last year a shortage of spares was on the horizon and be prepared to wait. I ordered 2 filters in November and they’re still not here, the supply chain around the world is still lagging with no end in site.
Regardless of Covid’s impact on manufacturing & wholesaling, there’s an international shortage of containers, whilst shipping demands have increased as well. This means there are rising costs and delays in getting raw materials to factories and again in getting the finished product to distributors & consumers.

Latest Threads