UK plod really are not that good are they.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Alsacien, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Bringing firearms to UK next week (maybe not now).
    Plod have my European Firearms Pass (for 4 weeks) causing me massive inconvenience as I cannot legally move stuff between my houses in Europe.
    Place that was "sponsoring" me (I'm getting my gun fitted by them) got called by Plod and told there were "issues" with me = meaning a criminal record. Sponsor (rather famous chap) calls me up, very pi$$ed off and withdraws his sponsorship.
    I don't have a record, not even a parking ticket. In fact I held a UK FAC for more than 10 years which I only surrendered 6 months after I ceased residing full time in UK.
    The particular Plod dealing with my request is not in today, nobody else of course is able to help :x

My name is fairly common, so quite likely something popped up in a database regarding someone else with the same name. But I have had the same UK address for 25 years, does nobody bother cross checking before slating your character to various third parties? Why not contact me first for some confirmation?

I am fuming :pissedoff:
  2. Serves you right for playing with guns in the UK!

Now, if I lived dans La France it would be a nice shiny HiPower and a SIG552.

Proper shooters. :wink:

And yes, UK PLod licensing is often run by complete and utter bellends. I was told by my FEO that 'machine guns' were banned when he was looking at my AR15. :roll:
  3. Which particular sub-empire of Plodland are you dealing with?
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Between my French and German tickets I can get just about anything I want on a ticket. When I travel around other EU countries with my EFP's no problems - just UK wants to do BS procedures on top which they then fcuk up anyway...... :x
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I even know a senior bod there :roll:
  6. Hmmmm, will my 10 year old speeding ticket cause me grief if I ever take evil nasty bang-sticks to the UK?
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I kind of get the impression that owning such items already classifies you as a potential danger to society with possible criminal intentions.......and proably a criminal past which you have so far gotten away with....

After all, decent folks don't want anything to do with firearms do they :roll:
  8. If you are a member of BASC then call them, if you are not then join online and then call them. They seem to be rather keen on gripping numpties in licensing departments and they come very well recommended.

The BASC Firearms department is available to members for advice and information Monday to Thursday 9am – 5.00pm and on Friday from 9am – 4.30pm. Please note however that the department receives over 400 enquiries per month therefore there may be times when all lines are busy. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and ask you to keep trying or leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Contact details for the team are as follows:

Department telephone: 01244 573010
  9. I'd suggest you sue the police. I'd take this very seriously.
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I'm too angry at the moment to figure out if I would have enough evidence - mainly because if something came up a simple phone call to me could proably have sorted it. Now I have a cloud hanging over this long weekend trip, plus a trip to Scotland a couple of weeks later.
    I also have to stew on this until tomorrow.
    I am not a member of any UK org - thanks for the tip, I may have to consider that now.
  11. BASC. Guarantee it will be worth the money even if you only come once a year.
  12. Glos? Think yourself lucky it isn't Avon & Somerset then...
  13. There was an ex squaddy in the South Wales Echo a few weeks ago trying to get security cleared to work for MOD and the South Wales Police told him he had a record for making bomb threatsFFS, He was not a happy lad and went strait to the papers causing plod much embaresment
  14. I use BASC regularly. My local force are complete throbbers lately. One FEO actually incited me to commit a serious criminal offence, one that carries a custodial sentence, just because he couldn't sort his admin out.
  15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Been looking at the BSAC site - they get a 100 calls a week about crap like this! Jesus, why does UK have to make it so complicated when other countries are happy with your European License?
    Presumably they could also screw up in the other direction and allow lunatics and illegals into UK.................uh, hang on :roll: