UK plans comprehensive terror law

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pararegtom, Mar 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

2. Apparently, the first stage of the Gub'mint's Cunning Plan to Fight Terrorism was started back in 2003...or two years before 7/7. 8O

I feel safer already... :roll:
  3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Wolf your just a cynic))
  4. We have lived through real terror, Sinn Fein/IRA have killed more people on the mainland than any other organisation, we didn't need this crap then and we don't need it now.
  5. Some people say I'm too cynical. I always respond that one can never be TOO cynical. Especially when it comes to politicians! :twisted:
  6. The only terror law they'll manage is one which strikes terror in law abiding people.
  7. Comprehesive terror laws
    The government will continue to do what whatever the phuck it wants to. Whether you like it......or not. The more it restricts your civil liberties, the right of free speech and free movement the more it will impose these "Anti terrorist" laws upon you.
    (Time to don your tin foil hat)
    IMHO at this current rate of introduction of new legislation,laws, it will be not to long before the slightest word against the government will result in people uhh hmm...... people disappearing.

The questions are:
    How far will the government(red\blue\yellow) take these so called anti terror laws.
    How loosely worded will they be that anyone can be held for the slightest thing(have we hit this point already)
    How long before it is to late?
    Britain needs security, but this is not the way.
  8. On Tuesday, Zanu-Labour will announce a new Counter-Terrorism Agency, to be named the Fingermen... :roll:

All together now: Strength Through Unity! Unity Through Faith!! :twisted:
  9. Security is one step away from terrorism !
  10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

11. That alone worries me about this.
  12. Where is V when we need him? :evil:
  13. Will it stop people like Choudrey and his chums? Will it stop the large amounts of extreme fundamentalism in Birmingham, Bradford and Leeds?

I don't think so. Why not? Whatever anti-terrorism laws the Govt. dream up, they will always be at odds with their endless multiculturalism, racism and anyother-ism laws. The above feel safe in the knowledge that they will be free to pollute the minds of normal Muslims because the entire British legal system is on their side. The Govt. fear the racism issue more than they do they terrorist issue.