UK pays £22.5m for Congo Elections

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Oct 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did our man win?

2. They probably still hate the Imperialist nature of our history...

3. Get the Belgians to pay for it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

When we paid for the Nigerian election ( over £500 million) a few years ago most of the money went on five new executive jets for the local government to fly their ill gotten gains to Switzerland

5. Hang on the DRC wasn't in our empire it was those damn Belgians and they washed their hands of it years ago have our ivory towered MP's decided we should now repay all the debts of those horrid european empires that enslaved the dark continent. Or are we just covering Belgians arses again as that always turns into more agro than its worth.

6. Not yet DR Fox is sill working on it!!

7. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Was that 1999,2003 or 2007, and do you have a link for that as I've just googled UK funds Nigerian Elections and don't get a return that high. £50million maybe but not £500million.

8. I wonder what might happen in a few hundred years or so if some of these African counties started on a course of Empire Building, say like Egypt or Sudan or Somalia, what might happen to Africa, daft I know but then I,m drinkin Tescos Whusky, the Speshul Reserve stuff, £11 95 a bottle.

9. It was probably a scam anyway.

• Like Like x 1