UK para with US parachutist badge

I’m glad it’s only the airborne who swap spit wings.

It would be beyond cheese if Brit EOD types started wearing this

View attachment 379219

It’s bad enough some Ammo Techs demean themselves to wear this

View attachment 379221

Isn’t that right @Flying Felix?
You're absolutely right. I've never understood the mindset nor the desire for Ammo Techs to wear that badge. I know of some guys who have done the course were told to wear it. Shows the influence of the RE at the school :confused::confused:

Last edited:
I do have to admit, as much as it pains me, that French wings are amongst the most impressive in design.

I do however feel our British cloth ones have the edge, in an understated, mustn't grumble, sort of way.
These...

I knew an RAF Medic who wore Canadian wings above his DPM jackets right top pocket (around 25 years back) because he claimed to have done one parachute jump while on exercise in Canada. He'd never done any parachute training in the British Forces that I knew of, and certainly didn't wear a British parachute badge.

Parachuting and balcony work just seems to bring out the Walt in people.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yup. Issued to the blokes who shag male goats before getting tossed off a building in downtown Raqqa.

Cloth wings for combat uniform , enamel? for No2's ?
And why 3 colours ? ( Guessing something along the lines of number of combat jumps or Static line/HALO/Jumpmaster )
Cloth wings are cap badge for 1BN. Bronze eagle for 2 & 3Bn who are citizen force and also part of 44Bde.

Silver wings, blue background basic course wings. Gold wings blue background are for 12 jumps IINM and red backgound is freefall qualified. @Cutaway @Koschei will have the hot gen.

Yeee haw! The very same. It nearly got a little “excited” when some enthusiastic two stepping was taken as a piss take rather than the best effort it was.
The US jumps course in Vinzenza did get very excitable when one of the wretches on our course decided to join in with the very serious line dancing session taking place on camp.

It wasn't helped by the all day session/ BBQ/ international team building which had taken place immediately prior to the "dance off".

Everything turned out lovely with the wretch being deposited into a wheelie bin and a US shitkicker being punched.

The line up on Juliet DZ the following morning prior to the Huey helicopter jumps was interesting and not at all awkward.

Cloth wings are cap badge for 1BN. Bronze eagle for 2 & 3Bn who are citizen force and also part of 44Bde.

Silver wings, blue background basic course wings. Gold wings blue background are for 12 jumps IINM and red backgound is freefall qualified. @Cutaway @Koschei will have the hot gen.
The cloth is a unofficial beret badge for 3BN, 1BN has straighter antlers and no scroll underneath. Official 3BN is the 44Bde Griffon with 3 chutes above instead of the one big one behind.

It is my understanding that Vivat Bacchus, London does a loverly grilled springbok with biltong crust...

They do take their aerobics classes very seriously, don’t they?
Not as seriously as a when one of the Brits does an ear piercing whistle on the run-in for a Bn size night drop into Hunter Ligget training area. They tend to get all serious, close the doors and do a mini interrogation on all the chalk.
Oh and never jam a finger up the loadie's arse as he's using your shoulders to walk on during low-level. It's classed as sexual assault apparently.

Not calling this fellow out as a walt but I'm interested into why he has a US Parachutist badge of the US Armed Forces above his gongs.

Can UK personnel undertake the course during overseas exchange? Has anyone here ever qualified to wear it?

I understand that overseas personnel attached to 3 commando brigade must pass the All Arms Command Course to be attached as criteria but a para with a US Parachutist badge...

View attachment 379028
In the recent tv show about the Paras, I do believe there is footage of some III Para lads being awared American Jump wings at Fort Bragg earlier this year

Its a bit shít, I’ve done a greater freefall than all of you and didn’t even bother with a parachute, yet get to wear fück all.
Ah but Dinger, you have a road named after you, which is more than anybody on this site has. That makes you a bit of a god in my eyes, for what it’s worth.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Infantry 10
Outstanding Current Affairs, News and Analysis 41
nastyberganchafe ACF 22