UK para with US parachutist badge

Brazilian and US, but I already had those from an earlier trip to Fort Dix, NJ.
Sweet. Biggest moan heard at Bragg before Christmas is not being able to make the manifest because of all the Brass and "Out of towners" filling the chalk. I made the 500 mile trip up from Ft. Benning a couple of times, both trips together were easier and much more "profitable" than that time I took my mid-tour leave from Korea to go to Canada to hook up with 2 Cdo, and way cheaper than the old "tours."

Were you JM so everyone else could pick up their British set?

Ha . . .I told you I was one of THEM

But would you lot believe me?

cert-5-min.png

The_Duke

LE
Sweet. Biggest moan heard at Bragg before Christmas is not being able to make the manifest because of all the Brass and "Out of towners" filling the chalk. I made the 500 mile trip up from Ft. Benning a couple of times, both trips together were easier and much more "profitable" than that time I took my mid-tour leave from Korea to go to Canada to hook up with 2 Cdo, and way cheaper than the old "tours."

Were you JM so everyone else could pick up their British set?
No. Uncle Sam picked up the bill for JMs from other countries, but U.K. would have to pay their own way and chose not to. We were there on an exchange with USACAPOC (A).

I think US uniform regs. allow for the wearing of only one foreign 'qualification' badge.
I do have to admit, as much as it pains me, that French wings are amongst the most impressive in design.

I do however feel our British cloth ones have the edge, in an understated, mustn't grumble, sort of way.

Seemed to happen a lot with the French parachutes. Helmets being ripped off was not uncommon either. Good hosts though, if a little different.
Yeah,when I did mine we were in the galley/restaurant drinking du vin as we hadn't been given any timings. Then it was knock off/Pau party time drinking du bieres.
Only time I've lobbed out still pissed.
Airwaves were as necessary as brufen that day.

Yeah,when I did mine we were in the galley/restaurant drinking du vin as we hadn't been given any timings. Then it was knock off/Pau party time drinking du bieres.
Only time I've lobbed out still pissed.
Airwaves were as necessary as brufen that day.
Same sketch with our course at Pau.

The lager with various cordial "tops" were the order of the day in the mess at all meal timings & NAAFI breaks followed by horrendous exits from 1500'.

Still rates as one of the best times I had in the army.

Not calling this fellow out as a walt but I'm interested into why he has a US Parachutist badge of the US Armed Forces above his gongs.

Can UK personnel undertake the course during overseas exchange? Has anyone here ever qualified to wear it?

I understand that overseas personnel attached to 3 commando brigade must pass the All Arms Command Course to be attached as criteria but a para with a US Parachutist badge...

View attachment 379028
Yes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Infantry 10
Outstanding Current Affairs, News and Analysis 41
nastyberganchafe ACF 22