UK para with US parachutist badge

It was a comment borne of frustration as the OP is a penis of gargantuan proportion.

He has the military experience of a grapefruit smoothie and deserves ridicule.

I'm now off to gently caress my British, US and French wings.
I have a mate in the US Army Rangers, said he only had to do one jump to qualify. Was that the case.

Not calling this fellow out as a walt but I'm interested into why he has a US Parachutist badge of the US Armed Forces above his gongs.

Can UK personnel undertake the course during overseas exchange? Has anyone here ever qualified to wear it?

I understand that overseas personnel attached to 3 commando brigade must pass the All Arms Command Course to be attached as criteria but a para with a US Parachutist badge...

View attachment 379028

It's on a civvy jacket.
He can put any badges on it that he wants.
Whether he has earned them or not.

I qualified for my German Red Wings and French Brown Wings.

All I need to do is source the appropriate badges to sew onto my jim jams.
While getting my red Wings in Holland I somehow ended up with a small piece of string in my mouth...

On reflection gripping it in my teeth and pulling was not my greatest idea.

US jumps course, got pissed, naked and disciplined..ish.

French jumps course, ripped my ear nearly completely off courtesy of an errant riser, got pissed with the PJIs ( and rest of the course) prior to every afternoon lob. Fond memories.
Seemed to happen a lot with the French parachutes. Helmets being ripped off was not uncommon either. Good hosts though, if a little different.

While getting my red Wings in Holland I somehow ended up with a small piece of string in my mouth...

On reflection gripping it in my teeth and pulling was not my greatest idea.
A small piece of string is SOP when qualifying for Red Wings as is a small piece of sweetcorn when qualifying for Brown 'uns.

Not calling this fellow out as a walt but I'm interested into why he has a US Parachutist badge of the US Armed Forces above his gongs.

Can UK personnel undertake the course during overseas exchange? Has anyone here ever qualified to wear it?

I understand that overseas personnel attached to 3 commando brigade must pass the All Arms Command Course to be attached as criteria but a para with a US Parachutist badge...

View attachment 379028
That's the Bullwinkle badge. It signifies the wearer has ,made his 5 jumps and passed the US Parachutist Course.Never was one myself, but I've seen a lot of them over the years. I 'don't know what the rules and requirements are for allied personnel to attend such a course, but I'm sure a lot do. If they succeed in passing the course, then they should be entitled to wear the wings. I think there's at least one night jump in the syllabus in full battle rattle, and that would unnerve ,me.

Exchanges are not unusual. They don't have to attend the training course, just make 5 jumps with the unit they are training with. Friends went to the UK in late 80 or 81. I believe they made 1 balloon jump and 4 or 5 regular jumps to receive their wings.

That's the Bullwinkle badge. It signifies the wearer has ,made his 5 jumps and passed the US Parachutist Course.Never was one myself, but I've seen a lot of them over the years. I 'don't know what the rules and requirements are for allied personnel to attend such a course, but I'm sure a lot do. If they succeed in passing the course, then they should be entitled to wear the wings. I think there's at least one night jump in the syllabus in full battle rattle, and that would unnerve ,me.
Nope.

The Bullwinkle is the Air Assault badge. It is for legs/hats to show off their dope on a rope qualification.

*Notice the resemblance...

air_assault_badge_silver_oxidized_grande.jpeg

bullwinkle.jpg

Note nothing between the wings/antlers but eyes and nostrils.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Infantry 10
Outstanding Current Affairs, News and Analysis 41
nastyberganchafe ACF 22