UK para with US parachutist badge

Not calling this fellow out as a walt but I'm interested into why he has a US Parachutist badge of the US Armed Forces above his gongs.

Can UK personnel undertake the course during overseas exchange? Has anyone here ever qualified to wear it?

I understand that overseas personnel attached to 3 commando brigade must pass the All Arms Command Course to be attached as criteria but a para with a US Parachutist badge...

28468515_10156018813625132_7174881640237973233_n.jpg

Not calling this fellow out as a walt but I'm interested into why he has a US Parachutist badge of the US Armed Forces above his gongs.

Can UK personnel undertake the course during overseas exchange? Has anyone here ever qualified to wear it?

I understand that overseas personnel attached to 3 commando brigade must pass the All Arms Command Course to be attached as criteria but a para with a US Parachutist badge...

View attachment 379028
Oh, dear.

An officer friend of mine with Para Reg spent some time on attachment to US airborne in the Carolinas and has one of these so it's not so unusual. He has qualified for various foreign para badges here and there as part of his job doing liaison work. I've not seen it attached to UK uniform but your picture looks like a retired gentleman's regimental blazer so he can wear whatever he wishes.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Paras in uniform wearing that badge.

Yes of course you can wear them. All Qualified Parachutists who complete qualifying jumps with a foreign nations Para's can be awarded that nations wings. They can be worn only on the right hand side of the smock above the pocket. Only one set at any one time. (Although we did used to wear them on Trops sometimes). I have 4 foreign sets of Wings and still wear my German ones on my Smock.

And this guy is a Civvy so can do whatever he likes.

Oh....and please @The_Duke .......close it now!!

View attachment 379028
Very common. I have French and US wings thanks to doing jumps courses with both during my time in the Army... and I got them while I was TA and before I went Regular Army.

Yes of course you can wear them. All Qualified Parachutists who complete qualifying jumps with a foreign nations Para's can be awarded that nations wings. They can be worn only on the right hand side of the smock above the pocket. Only one set at any one time. (Although we did used to wear them on Trops sometimes). I have 4 foreign sets of Wings and still wear my German ones on my Smock.

And this guy is a Civvy so can do whatever he likes.

Oh....and please @The_Duke .......close it now!!
Is it this one? ;-)

1550774798581.jpeg

Its a bit shít, I’ve done a greater freefall than all of you and didn’t even bother with a parachute, yet get to wear fück all.

View attachment 379028
You fucking tit.

That's a bit mild and tolerant for you. Have they upped the meds?
It was a comment borne of frustration as the OP is a penis of gargantuan proportion.

He has the military experience of a grapefruit smoothie and deserves ridicule.

I'm now off to gently caress my British, US and French wings.

It was a comment borne of frustration as the OP is a penis of gargantuan proportion.

Just be nice with the BBC: the others are memories and of fat and hairy girls (respectively).

Just be nice with the BBC: the others are memories and of fat and hairy girls (respectively).
US jumps course, got pissed, naked and disciplined..ish.

French jumps course, ripped my ear nearly completely off courtesy of an errant riser, got pissed with the PJIs ( and rest of the course) prior to every afternoon lob. Fond memories.

ugly

LE

I have British wings on my dennison, I loaned it to an arrsser for an Arnhem jump and the bastard sewed them on!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Infantry 10
Outstanding Current Affairs, News and Analysis 41
nastyberganchafe ACF 22