UK offers condolences to Ivory Coast following deadly stampede

Ministry of Defence said:
Commenting on a stampede following a New Year’s Eve celebration in the city of Abidjan in Ivory Coast, Foreign Office Minister of State Rt Hon Hugo Swire MP said:
“I am shocked and deeply saddened at the tragic loss of life in a stampede in Ivory Coast, which has also injured hundreds of people. During what should have been a happy and joyous celebration of the New Year, many families are now mourning their loved ones. The UK Government sends its sincere condolences to all the Ivorian people at this time.”

More...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Mods - please can we 02 the MoD_RSS feed for mindless spamming - just to get 2013 off to a good start?

It's probably because the MOD Internet has merged with the govt website so all the propaganda will soon come our way. So far only 6 depts have migrated. Just wait until the next 15 do!

I'm surprised the Rt Hon Hugo Swire hasn't offered compensation along with an apology and an option for the survivors to become UK citizens.

With all the massively over paid ********* who work in MOD PR, surely one of them should be able to set up their shite RSS feed so it only feeds MOD news?
Loath as I am to defend the over paid *********, in this case the fault was mine. Hopefully now sorted and we can get back to hearing about how the RAF manage to do the jobs for which they are trained!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Loath as I am to defend the over paid *********, in this case the fault was mine. Hopefully now sorted and we can get back to hearing about how the RAF manage to do the jobs for which they are trained!
Sorry to report the the Mod_RSS spam-a-thon continues unabated even as I type this.

I *think* that was a temporary one-off glitch that shouldn't happen again.

On the plus side, it gives everyone something to moan about!

Can it not be given an O2 tag anyway? It's always been shite, but has just been excelling recently.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Maybe a fine against the COs of £10 to Hols for Heroes per glitch might see the end of the problem :)