UK Naval Task Force foils pirate attack

Well done.

So, cargo ship stops other cargo ship from going out to sea by circling it and not actually attempting to get rid of the pirates on board.

Stupendous news. I imagine Nelson is watching from above with immense pride.

Oh I thought this took place on the river Ribble.

M

Mark The Convict

'Greek-owned chemical tanker Liquid Velvet has been held to ransom since last November'

The pirates must be terrified now. Nothing like a bit of 'Action This Day', is there?

We did not realise that the RFA had it in them.

So, cargo ship stops other cargo ship from going out to sea by circling it and not actually attempting to get rid of the pirates on board.

Stupendous news. I imagine Nelson is watching from above with immense pride.
Despite your eager desire for a bloodbath involving the likely death or injury of any civilians being held captive on board, your wish has been granted:

BBC News 14 Jan 2012 said:
The Royal Navy has captured 13 Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean, the Ministry of Defence says. RFA Fort Victoria and a US Navy vessel intercepted the pirates' boat, which had refused to stop despite warning shots from a Royal Navy helicopter.

Royal Marines in speedboats approached the vessel and boarded it, capturing 13 pirates and seizing weapons. Defence Secretary Philip Hammond said the UK troops, part of a Nato-led force, could be "proud" of the success.

"The Royal Navy and Royal Marines are playing a crucial role in securing and protecting international sea lanes that are vital to global trade," the minister said.

Mr Hammond added: "This operation off the coast of Somalia is a clear demonstration of Britain's ability to tackle piracy that threatens our interests."...

The RFA do a lot of foiling these days.

All our vast armada of Frigates and Destroyers must be very busy elsewhere.

'Greek-owned chemical tanker Liquid Velvet has been held to ransom since last November'

The pirates must be terrified now. Nothing like a bit of 'Action This Day', is there?
Action this Decade!

Well colour me surprised. When are they getting their council houses in London?
I thought they are now dropped off in Kenya to be tried there?

So on deployment, the captain sails round to show everyone what pirates look like and also sends up the chopper so they can get a look see too. Then home for tea and to write a glowing after action report.