Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK military to get biggest spending boost in 30 years

(...) The prior analogue generation(s) had been ridiculously simple to intercept and spoof the signaling. We used to sit there in Blandford in the 90s listening to the girls’ phone conversations in their block with a rectum paralyser. (...)
I'm afraid to ask what a "rectum paralyser" is, but did these girls you were listening in on sound as if they were delighted with it?

I'm afraid to ask what a "rectum paralyser" is, but did these girls you were listening in on sound as if they were delighted with it?

No, but we were :)

Rectum paralyser=Spectrum Analyser.

The Army very kindly furnished us with some very expensive test kit, one item of which was a spectrum analyser. CRT display, amplitude on the Y-axis, frequency on the X-axis. Look for spikes. Tune the cursor to the spike, set the modulation to “FM” and you’re off to the races.

Would be breaking multiple laws today, no doubt.

The Army very kindly furnished us with some very expensive test kit, one item of which was a spectrum analyser. CRT display, amplitude on the Y-axis, frequency on the X-axis. Look for spikes. Tune the cursor to the spike, set the modulation to “FM” and you’re off to the races.

I know what a spectrum analyser is and I suspected that was what you meant, but given the context I couldn't resist the comment.

It was already breaking multiple laws then, unless you were on duty. In that case it was fine...apparently...or so we were told.

Latest Threads