Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK military dog to receive PDSA Dickin Medal after tackling Al Qaeda insurgents

Retired military dog Kuno is to receive the prestigious PDSA Dickin Medal for valour – the animal Victoria Cross – after he was wounded in action while heroically saving the lives of British Forces fighting Al Qaeda.

Continue reading...

Retired military dog Kuno is to receive the prestigious PDSA Dickin Medal for valour – the animal Victoria Cross – after he was wounded in action while heroically saving the lives of British Forces fighting Al Qaeda.

Continue reading...
A lot of veiled speech in there of where it was and what the pooch was up to! I assume he'll be muzzled at the investure!!

Whoseagoodboythen? He's probably brighter than most humans and I understand Missus Kwin has a soft spot for the furmonsters if she's going to be handing out the gongs.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Great news. Time these animals were rewarded. I bet he would prefer a night-time's humping of the top female dog though. You can just see his thoughts "Wow! A medal. I'd rather give that bitch a portion!"

It was this para that caught my attention:

“Kuno was sent in to break the deadlock. Without hesitation, he charged through a hail of bullets while wearing night vision goggles to tackle the gunman, wrestling him to the ground and halting his attack.”​

WTF? Even the dogs have NVG?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Great news. Time these animals were rewarded. I bet he would prefer a night-time's humping of the top female dog though. You can just see his thoughts "Wow! A medal. I'd rather give that bitch a portion!"

That would probably earn him a lecture on gender assumption and sexual objectification from the various woke RN and RAF creatures currently infesting the media.

Glad to see him enjoying life though. I met a Malinois on the dog walk the other day, fantastic looking animal.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Just seen a report on BBC of Kuno getting his Dickens Medal. Beautiful dog. Respect

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
For what it's worth, The Dicken Medal is OK but wouldn't it be better if he was given a kennel full of lady dogs to do with as he wanted? At least he would carry on the line and Kuno would get to enjoy a monumental night out!

Latest Threads