Uk Menace to World?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by THFC, Dec 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the Telegraph: Several former US government officials from the Bush era are calling the UK 'a menace to the world' due to our supposed tolerance of Islamic radicalism of which the attempted Detroit attack was just one example.

Sounds like a bit of a non story but if ex-officials are saying it, you can bet it reflects current thinking in the US government, at least to a certain extent. What with our unpopularity with the Iraq pull it does not bode well for our trans- atlantic relations, which I for one value highly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6913572/Americans-blame-Britain-for-rise-of-Islamic-extremism.html

2. The only real menace at the moment to the world is the US, so that have a cheek calling the UK a menace....although I agree that there is too much tolerance of Islamic fundamentalism in the UK.

3. Oh bolleaux. How much time have you spent in the States? Our Govt is tolerating the radicalisation of muslim youth here in the UK. ALQ want to impose sharia law all over the world, they have to be opposed. Without the US who would do the dirty work? I would just prefer it if we cracked down on the dangers here in the UK.

Obama is making a huge mistake if he is giving us the cold shoulder, does he think the French or Germans would make more comfortable bedfellows? He should use his influence to kick our Govt in the arrse instead. I would impose VISA requirements on all British citizens who wish to travel to the US, but at the same time, continue the sharing of intelligence.

That should get them going in Whitehall.

4. Well Brown is certainly a world class economic menace

5. Much as it pains me to say it, these "Bush era" officials are absolutely correct. We have failed miserably to integrate our minority Muslim population and our inner cities are now ghettoes of ethnic unemployment and isolation - and have become radicalised as a result. The Blair government bears heavy responsibility for this - having negligently permitted unfettered immigration without managing the needs of our society holistically. The Muslim population is, in many instances, taking quite literally the diktat of the Koran which states that each man should have eight children - and, consequently, we are being successfully out-bred and taken over from within. I know this to be true as I work for an Islamic financial institution - and I can assure everyone that the threat from our own disaffected Muslim population is far greater than that which supposedly exists in the hills of the Stan(s).

Until our politicians move away from the politically-correct, vote-buying nonsense which they normally spout - and face the truth as honestly and courageously as do our troops, Britain is a disaster for the western world, where the course of the War on Terror is concerned.

Our only hope is that truly courageous men (if there are any left) lift their heads out of the sand and face the bitter reality which is all around us.

6. I don't think this is a new phenomenon. Victorian and Edwardian Britain had its fair share of terrorists and revolutionaries carrying on their struggle from our shores. I don't think they were taken very seriously and it may have been a case of as long as they aren't planning the downfall of the country, let them be. However, I do think we need to change this attitude as the threat is all to real. How many outrages have we to see before something is done to stop these f*****s. I never want to hear another minister say how mass immigration "Enriches" London again. All terrorist suspects should be sent back to their country of origin, and balls to the hand wringing crying human rights, Liberal morons who claim they may be badly treated once sent home.

7. Well said Drumbox, I found that very interesting. I just wonder how you intend to interpret that thinking at the next election.

8. Surely the Americans are the worst menace in the world... frequently using their old adage 'he may be a b4stard, but he's our b4stard' to explain their support and propping up of some of the most dodgy people and administrations on the plantet

That said, why on Earth do we Brits tolerate some of the stuff spouted in this country?

hamza was free to shovel is own brand of Islam for years, as have others under the banner 'freedom of speach' etc.

A freedom, that wouldn't last five minutes if such loons ever got to power.

9. Pot calls kettle springs to mind. Our tolerance will be our undoing though.

10. Well said old son. :wink:

11. There cannot be an integrated society in the UK, because in it's wisdom, nulab have opted for and created Multiculturalism. Multiculturalism is the acceptance or promotion of multiple ethnic cultures, for practical reasons and/or for the sake of diversity and applied to the demographic make-up of a specific place, usually at the organizational level, e.g. schools, businesses, neighborhoods, cities or nations. In this context, multiculturalists advocate extending equitable status to distinct ethnic and religious groups without promoting any specific ethnic, religious, and/or cultural community values as central.

The USA adopted the 'Melting Pot' where all are treated as one society and
    that works much better. When was the last time you saw a group of black, white and asians sitting at the same table as friends? apart from the Forces that is.

12. Because we are a bunch of PC loving fannies?

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

You should understand that we can turn this around, currently the PC halfwits brand non believers as intolerant and law breakers. I feel we should tun this on its head and demand that nonconformism is in itself an identifiable culture and therefore the PC brigade and any others who shout us down should be treated as perpetrators of hate crimes against us NONCies and should feel the full might of the law upon them.
    Oh that is unless it makes me a BNP member!

14. If the countries muslims are so dangerous, how come we don't see the amount of atrocities we saw when the Boyos were murdering all and sundry? why, when I spoke to one of my muslim mate did I not get a diatribe I did republican rubbish I heard spouted in a pub in Leeds?

It is telling that we get the same small crowd waffling on whenever someone starts a muslim hate thread - complete with the obligitary 2 year account who has posted oh so few times.

How quaintly cowardly, how quintissentially BNP :roll:

15. I think the UK has an immigration problem and must do more to curb Islamic extremism in this country.

If thinking that means that I'm racist then pass me a white hood and lets burn some crosses.