Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK made gifts, pocket compasses/watches etc

Hairy-boab

Clanker
I wanted to order something a bit unique for my wee girl. I was looking for either a brass pocket compass, or potentially a watch, which could be engraved on the back with a quote. However, I am struggling to find a UK based maker. There are plenty like e.g. "Stanley London" online, but these appear to be foreign made tat! Any ideas/links would be appreciated!

4(T)

LE
I wanted to order something a bit unique for my wee girl. I was looking for either a brass pocket compass, or potentially a watch, which could be engraved on the back with a quote. However, I am struggling to find a UK based maker. There are plenty like e.g. "Stanley London" online, but these appear to be foreign made tat! Any ideas/links would be appreciated!

Pyser are UK manufacturers:

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
"Find me a gift" are pretty good. Nothing really high end, it's stuff made in China, but lots of engraving choices and I was very surprised at the quality.

I used them last month. Took 7 days to get to me, despite the texts telling me it's a 14 day wait. Result. They used Royal Mail.

Yokel

LE
Why not buy something from a major retailer and then get a local engraver to put a custom design or a message on it? You may or may not be able to source a British made gift, but you can customise it and support a business near you.

Support local businesses - that is how society was built.

Couple of blokes on here bashing out axes, knives and swords in home forges. Might be worth a nice presentation sword she can give her bloke the gypsey's the day she gets married.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Have a look on ebay for Trenchartax, he's an old armourer who does all sorts of stuff, including engraved G10 watches. Nice bloke, reasonable prices.

Yes he's a mate. No I don't get a commission.

Perhaps not quite what you had in mind but for my money I would be blasting off a PM to CC_TA regarding one of these: