Discussion in 'Aviation' started by quickstop, May 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks bad. Condolences to all familys involved.
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

God rest their Souls.
  3. BBC have suggested four dead. RIP.
  4. On Sky News now. British Troops and Warriors AFVs under attack with rocks and petrol bombs. But if they were to retaliate then who would be the bad guys?
  5. Fingers crossed here until things are really confirmed

Edited as comment seem rather out of place now
  6. polar69 - the troops can be seen firing one or two warning shots as they close or establish the cordon; hardly running through the streets firing shots in the air. Another press exaggeration.
  7. Watching news24, a small patrol were being stoned, one soldier fired one round into the air to disperse the crowd. It's part of the videos being shown. Confirmation of casualties, obviously hopeful they are not fatalities, but things don't look good.

Iraqis stoning the British, setting light to Warriors (again) and cheering. Obviously they're all nice people really...

Hopefully this incident won't have a very sad ending and good luck to those troops currently out there
  8. I often wondered if JSP 385 (?) LOAC (?) applies outside the UK.
  9. Watching sky news, is it me or does this simply prove that normal locals will tear you apart should they get a single chance? Stoning in the hundreds, for no reason, nothing has changed since I was there then, and it probably never will, yet we always seem to be made the bad guys, this incident will be forgotten when the next image of a rioting local gets a baton in the chest.
  10. Yes it does, as the UK has signed up to it. There are also different rules of engagement for different areas of operations - tailored (allegedly) to meet the unique requirements of that particular area. Obviously, I'm not going to divulge specifics in a public forum, though!

Best regards to families, friends and colleagues of those involved in the crash. My thoughts are with you all.
  11. My thoughts are with the families of thse involved. If there are fatalities then RIP
  12. My condolences go out to all who are affected by this tradgedy.
  13. AFP reporting at least two fatalities from the helo.

14. I watched the BBC video and hope to god there was nobody killed,but is it only me that gets annoyed by the attuide of the reporter,they are OUR troops and I wish the reporters and journo's would start using that term